Making Garlic Bread with Fresh Herbs from scratch is EASY and budget friendly. You get lots more and you can control what you put in/on it!
Who doesn’t love garlic bread?
We love garlic bread at our house and we make it from scratch all the time mostly because those frozen boxes aren’t very good.
Plus, the kind that’s pre-made in the bakery department in our grocery store always seems so salty.
When I say from scratch, I mean dough and everything but this garlic bread recipe is not completely from scratch, but rather semi homemade.
I also LOVE to use fresh herbs straight from my garden in almost any recipe, but on garlic bread, it just makes it 10 times better.
I have a go-to method for preparing ours most of the time, but the other day when I was doing an Orphan Rescue for SRC I found this one on Close to Home, the rescued blog.
I thought about making it for the rescue and then decided it was far too simple to do it as secret recipe club recipes, and I felt bad she had waited all day for someone to rescue her, so I made two of her recipes. Yes two.
Only reason I waited until today to post it is because Monday saw THREE posts, two of which were rescues.
Come on people, get your recipes made in time. There’s nothing worse than reveal day and not having someone who has you.
I was already planning on making my own garlic bread and when I saw this one and saw that Maria had called it “Barefoot Contessa style” I was a bit happy because it almost mirrors mine.
I don’t measure out most of it, but I enjoyed doing that for this one because it really was flavorful and wonderful and will be made again and again.
Thanks for two great recipes that are sure keepers Maria!!
What to Serve Garlic Bread with Fresh Herbs with
Do you see all those pretty fresh herbs? What are your favorite fresh herbs to use in your recipes, or more specifically on garlic bread?
Recipe for Garlic Bread with Fresh Herbs
Garlic Bread with Fresh Herbs
- 6 large garlic cloves chopped
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 1 loaf of french baguette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For Cheese Bread:
- 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, mince your garlic. Then add the parsley, basil, oregano, salt & pepper and mince it as well. In the original recipe it said pulse twice, but I found the pieces were still a bit big so I pulsed several more times.
- In a medium pan on the stove, heat up the olive oil and then add the garlic herb mixture. Remove from the heat once heated through.
- I baked mine a little different than the original recipe based more on what I traditionally do. Spread 1 Tablespoon of butter on each side of bread.
- Next spread the garlic mixture across each slice of bread. Sometimes I wrap the bread in aluminum foil to bake, but this time I left it uncovered face up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes.
- We usually remove the bread at about the 5 minute mark, add some Parmesan cheese and then some shredded mozzarella to make it into cheesy bread. You can see it in the background of two of the photos before we popped it back into the oven for about 3-5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.