Love a good twice baked potato? Here are some cheesy Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes that is a side dish any true seafood lover will crave!
Anyone up for some Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes? They were inspired by a great friend of mine, and you can read on to learn more.
It’s hard to believe that our group is celebrating one year this month.
I didn’t come into the group from the very beginning. I got my start with this group on February 11, 2012 with these delicious Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Champagne Frosting for the Romance Dinner.
In the past (almost) year, I’ve met some of the best foodies I know, as well as made some wonderful friendships.
With 5 teenagers everyone thinks my life must be crazy, and it can be, but overall I have great kids who are 5 of my best friends in life. We spend every night together around the family table and I am positive it has helped to contribute to the relationships we have.
This week we picked these Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes which are from a past event.
After browsing through my saved recipes, I fell on these Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes from Jen over at Juanita’s Cocina. They were screaming my name.
A few reasons.
- I love potatoes. And cheese. And shrimp. Add them all together in Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes and I’m sold.
- I love 5 ingredient or less meals. This one was for our 5 ingredient or less meals #SundaySupper. I added stuff to it because I could. I’m willing to bet that when Jen makes these (after that 5 ingredient event) she adds stuff to it too.
- I love Jen. Her blog. Her food. Her recipes. Her photography. Her state (yes the one she lives in – she lives in Texas y’all… and I used to live in Dallas and miss it terribly!). I feel like we’re kindred spirits of sorts. Every time she posts something, I think… Oh! I need to make that. EVERY.TIME. So I just decided this was a good time to knock one out.
Of course I will tell you right now, that if you want to see how beautiful these Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes are, and how mouth watering they truly look, you have got to go check out Jen’s pictures.
Her photos for these Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes far outweigh mine in every category and I cannot deny her food always looks AMAZING.
I still think mine look pretty. Just not as.
Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes
Recipe for Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes
Shrimp Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 extra large baking potatoes or 6 medium to large potatoes
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 4 cups grated cheese I used a cheddar and monterrey jack pre-shredded mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 pounds shrimp cooked
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- ¼ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoons basil
- Precook the potatoes in the oven or on the grill.
- Once your potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool until you can handle them. (this took at least 25 minutes for me)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each potato in half and scoop out the insides of each half. Leave a wall of the potato flesh (about a ¼ inch of potato) attached to the skin.
- Place the scooped out flesh into a bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, cheese, garlic, onion, paprika, basil and salt and pepper (to taste) to the bowl with the potatoes. Mix ingredients together until they are well-combined.
- Fold the shrimp into the potato mixture, mixing gently.
- Spoon the potato/shrimp mixture into the potato skins. Don’t overfill, or they will drip out all over the place during cooking. Trust me. haha
- Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese on the top of the potatoes before putting them in the oven.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes or potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.