These Asparagus Brie and Ham Crostini boast tender Asparagus under delicious, flavorful deli ham, wrapped in melted brie. All sitting atop a toasted piece of french baguette. Delicious! A great appetizer anytime!
We love these wonderful Asparagus Brie and Ham Crostini and you will too.
Spring has arrived… somewhat. Two days ago I was standing at a funeral, shivering and wrapped in a blanket with layers, and yesterday I was in shorts and a t-shirt and actually felt hot all day long. Now, today I am in sweats and socks and we’re expecting a huge snow storm.
I am not even sure how this happens, but thus is the joy of living in St. Louis in the Spring. We are expected to have an accumulation of 6-11″ so we will see what happens. I cannot believe it was so warm yesterday and this is what today will bring. As a consolation, I guess I can stuff my face with these Asparagus Brie and Ham Crostini to keep myself happy and warm and thinking beautiful thoughts of real Spring days.
At any rate, what I love about Spring (and Easter) are the beautiful, soft colors associated with the time of year. When I’m preparing a meal for Easter, I try to keep the palette soft but Spring like. We started making these Asparagus Brie and Ham Crostini a few years back for Easter and they have become somewhat of a tradition. They fit the color palette, everyone loves them and they are just the perfect little Spring appetizer.
The kids are not fond of brie cheese, though I don’t get why since it’s my favorite cheese in the world and they should like it just because I do. *smile* We usually make the crostini’s with half brie cheese and then the other half of them with Mozzarella. So you can of course, do whatever you prefer. Either way they are delish! You can wind up with Asparagus Brie and Ham Crostini as well as Asparagus Mozzzarella and Ham Crostini. You decide.
This week’s #SundaySupper recipes are for Easter and Passover and there is quite the line up of wonderfully delicious recipes to make and share with your family and friends. Be sure and check out the other recipes below.
I did want to take a moment if you made it this far in my post, to thank those of you who stopped by my blog or my facebook page over the past few days to offer your condolences over our loss. We so thank you all for your prayers, your thoughts and your wonderful words. This has been a hard few days, but I’m ready to face the healing process. Saying “goodbye for now” is just not that easy, but I know God’s got this… and that’s enough for me.
- How To Color Easter Eggs Naturally from Shockingly Delicious
Breakfast, Breads, and Buns
- Easter Brunch Creme Brulee Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With KP
Appetizers and Sides
- Asparagus, Brie & Ham Crostini from Daily Dish Recipes
- French Gratin Potatoes (Dauphinoise) from Simply Gourmet
- Potato and Leek Gratin from Webicurean
- Sicilian “Enchiladas” from The Cooking Actress
- Bunny-Approved Baked Easter Doughnuts from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut and M&M’s Cookie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Coconut Cake with Coconut Buttercream from Juanita’s Cocina
- Coconut Cupcakes from Magnolia Days
- Cream Cheese Candies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easter Simnel Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Exotic Walnut Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Nutella Easter Egg Candy from The Messy Baker
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Rolled Eggs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Painted Sugar Cookies from Ruffles and Truffles
- Strawberry Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
- Apple and Cranberry Charoset from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Flourless Chocolate Torte from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen