These Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes are incredible and should definitely be part of your Easter menu this year! Moist, Rich, Rum-soaked chocolate mini cupcakes are a decadent addition to your Easter table. For these pictures, we also topped ours with a Butter Rum Frosting and decorated for Easter. They are incredibly easy and don’t let the box mix fool you, you won’t be able to tell.
I am not sure how we have already reached the second to last week of March. I feel like we just celebrated New Year’s and yet here we are already staring down Easter. While this time of year is flying by, I sure hope this week doesn’t.
Welcome to Easter Week, which is simply a round up of some pretty amazing and delicious recipes just in time for the upcoming holiday. Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures has brought together a talented group of bloggers who will be sharing recipes that will hopefully inspire your Easter menu. We will be posting our Easter recipes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week.
Today we have brought these Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes to the table, and I’m glad I did. We made these last year and I have been thinking of them since. A couple of days ago, I got creative in the kitchen, made a few tweaks and this is the result. These perfect little Chocolate Rum Cupcakes that we decorated for Easter.
Yes, this starts with a boxed mix. And no you cannot tell. I promise. And you do not have to decorate them either. They are pretty delicious standing all on their own. I needed these for something so I only glazed the very center of the cupcake and then topped with a Butter Rum Buttercream Frosting. I browsed the Easter aisle for decorations and ideas but you can certainly do whatever you like.
Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes
Moist, Rich, Rum-soaked chocolate mini cupcakes are a decadent addition to your Easter table. We topped ours with a Butter Rum Frosting and decorated for Easter. What will you do?
For Chocolate Rum Cake:
- 1 15.25oz box of dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.6-3.9 package instant chocolate pudding mix We used Godiva Dark Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix but Jello brand regular chocolate works just fine
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum We used Meyer's Dark Rum because it gives the strongest and best rum flavor in baked goods
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum We used Meyer's Dark Rum because it gives the strongest and best rum flavor in baked goods
- 1/4 cup water
For Chocolate Rum Cake:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray your mini muffin/cupcake pan with cooking spray.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together dark chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, eggs, canola oil, water and rum on high speed for 2 minutes.
Pour batter into mini muffin pan 3/4 full.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For Rum Glaze:
In a saucepan melt the butter, then combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup dark rum and 1/4 cup of water. Bring the rum mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Poke several holes in cupcakes with toothpick while still hot. Pour glaze carefully over the tops of the cupcakes. It's fine if it runs down.
If you wind up with lots of extra glaze, you can either drizzle it all over the entire cupcake or pour a little on a plate, put the cupcake on top before serving. It's also amazing over ice cream.
We love these straight from the oven, and they are even better when the glaze has infused. For BEST results, allow the glaze to soak into the cake overnight. It's totally find if you can't, it's just better that way.
Go check out all these AWESOME recipes in day 1 of Easter Week. We will see you again on Wednesday!
Monday Easter Week Recipes
- Deviled eggs with creme Fraiche and herbs by Simple and Savory
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gratin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bunny Cinnamon Rolls by Family Around the Table
- Bunny Mary by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Carrot Roll Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Crunchy Easter Bird Nest Granola Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Easter M&M Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Egg Benedict Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Puff Pastry Eggs with Ham and Cheese by All that’s Jas
- Refrigerator Rolls by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Sausage and Spinach Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Tsoureki – Greek Easter Bread by Caroline’s Cooking
- Whipped Ricotta Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook