These Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes are incredible and should definitely be part of your Easter menu this year! Moist, Rich, Rum-soaked chocolate mini cupcakes are a decadent addition to your Easter table.
For these pictures, we also topped ours with a Butter Rum Frosting and decorated for Easter. They are incredibly easy and don’t let the box mix fool you, you won’t be able to tell.
I am not sure how we have already reached the second to last week of March. I feel like we just celebrated New Year’s and yet here we are already staring down Easter. While this time of year is flying by, I sure hope this week doesn’t.
Welcome to Easter Week, which is simply a round up of some pretty amazing and delicious recipes just in time for the upcoming holiday. Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures has brought together a talented group of bloggers who will be sharing recipes that will hopefully inspire your Easter menu. We will be posting our Easter recipes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week.
Today we have brought these Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes to the table, and I’m glad I did. We made these last year and I have been thinking of them since.
A couple of days ago, I got creative in the kitchen, made a few tweaks and this is the result. These perfect little Chocolate Rum Cupcakes that we decorated for Easter.
Yes, this starts with a boxed mix. And no you cannot tell. I promise. And you do not have to decorate them either. They are pretty delicious standing all on their own.
I needed these for something so I only glazed the very center of the cupcake and then topped with a Butter Rum Buttercream Frosting. I browsed the Easter aisle for decorations and ideas but you can certainly do whatever you like.
Go check out all these AWESOME recipes in day 1 of Easter Week. We will see you again on Wednesday!
Monday Easter Week Recipes
- Deviled eggs with creme Fraiche and herbs by Simple and Savory
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gratin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Roll Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Crunchy Easter Bird Nest Granola Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Easter M&M Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Egg Benedict Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Puff Pastry Eggs with Ham and Cheese by All that’s Jas
- Sausage and Spinach Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whipped Ricotta Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Recipe for Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes?
Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes
For Chocolate Rum Cake:
- 1 15.25 oz box of dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.6-3.9 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup water
For Chocolate Rum Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray your mini muffin/cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together dark chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, eggs, canola oil, water and rum on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into mini muffin pan 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For Rum Glaze:
- In a saucepan melt the butter, then combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup dark rum and 1/4 cup of water. Bring the rum mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Poke several holes in cupcakes with toothpick while still hot. Pour glaze carefully over the tops of the cupcakes. It’s fine if it runs down.
- If you wind up with lots of extra glaze, you can either drizzle it all over the entire cupcake or pour a little on a plate, put the cupcake on top before serving. It’s also amazing over ice cream.