Soft, moist and incredibly easy, these Cake Mix Carrot Cake Cookies are so much fun to make with only five easy to find ingredients.
Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s SO easy and comes together fast!
- They are so full of flavor and perfect for Spring.
- They only require 5 ingredients!
- They use a box mix so you get a soft cookie without a lot of trying.
Our easter event was put together by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. Thank you for hosting this fun event! There are plenty of great Easter recipes at the bottom of this post!
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Cookies
These carrot cake cookies are super simple and yes, they start with a box mix. What you call “Almost Homemade”.
But honestly, it’s worth it and you cannot tell. My whole family gobbled them up and couldn’t get enough.
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- canola oil
- walnuts, chopped
Additions & Substitutions for Easy Carrot Cake Cookies
There aren’t a lot of substitutions in this recipe. You can choose whatever kind of oil you want to use, we use both canola and vegetable oil.
The walnuts are optional but add some flavor on their own, but you could swap them out for chopped pecans or eliminate them all together.
If you wanted to add shredded carrot to this recipe, you could do that, but be sure to try to blot out as much moisture as you can before using them.
You can whip up a cream cheese frosting to top these carrot cake cookies, or you could just leave them plain. That’s all up to you – any way you serve them they re fantastic!
Decorations for these Cookies
We used a cookie icing and then topped with cute little candy carrots to make them a little more festive.
You can use a cream cheese frosting or use cookie icing like we did. The cookie icing is a very mild flavor, so it kept the cookie flavors from being subdued.
We found these cute little candy carrots from Wilton to decorate the tops.
You can decorate them however you’d like.
More Easter Desserts We Love
Even More Easter Recipes
Don’t forget to check out our 55+ Best Easter Recipes!
Recipe for Carrot Cake Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes. This is not a mandatory step, but it makes the cookies bake up better and it makes them easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Form into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be VERY soft but cooked when removed from oven. Allow to cool 20 minutes before moving to cookie rack and cooling completely.
- Decorate as desired.