Want a less traditional breakfast sandwich? This Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich is the perfect way to start your day! Full of so much protein and flavor, you’re sure to start your day off right!
It’s Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
It’s time for This Weeks Cravings and our theme this week is ultimate sandwiches.
In other words, sandwiches you love, that you think are the ultimate deliciousness.
This sandwich is probably not our very favorite recipe but it is definitely one of our favorites.
I’m just a bit of an avocado addict, and so many sandwiches we make include avocado.
I usually make a Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich in the mornings for breakfast, though I have been known to eat them for lunch as well. They are so good!
Seriously an amazing breakfast sandwich!
Are you ready to try this incredible Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich?
Printable Recipe Below!
Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- 2 pieces Italian bread or whatever you have
- 1 tablespoo butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2 slices cheese any kind you love
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook 2 eggs the way you like them – sunny side up, medium, over-hard, scrambled, etc.
- Remove the egg to a plate for just a moment.
- Turn your heat to medium.
- Take 1 piece of the buttered bread and place it buttered side down into the skillet. Top with the egg, sprinkle some salt and pepper, then place the avocado slices on top of the egg and then the cheese over the avocado slices. Place the other buttered bread on top with the butter side up.
- Grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until bread is golden.