Today we are sharing salads and I’ve brought this simple but festive Holiday Avocado Pomegranate Spinach Salad.
I also have a GREAT Rachael Ray Cucina Stoneware giveaway for you too!
BE SURE AND CHECK OUT ALL THE FABULOUS SALAD RECIPES!
Ok, now before we get back to the Holiday Avocado, Pomegranate Spinach Salad, I want to say one last thing.
There are six of us participating in this 2014 Holiday Progressive Dinner Blog, and each of us has brought a delicious salad recipe for you today.
More Pomegranate Recipes
- Pomegranate Margarita
- Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad
- Steel Cut Oats with Pomegranate Seeds, Oranges and Maple Syrup
GET THE RECIPE FOR THE HOLIDAY AVOCADO POMEGRANATE SPINACH SALAD:
This salad is so ridiculously easy to throw together, yet the presentation is gorgeous and looks beautiful on a holiday table.
You can hardly call this a recipe and certainly anyone can throw it together.
It required very little measuring on my part.
We literally just kinda tossed in all the ingredients, arranged them on the platter and were quite pleased by exactly how beautiful it turned out.
For you, dear reader, I added some measurements, but please, please be risky and daring and add or subtract what you love or don’t love.
Recipe for Avocado Pomegranate Spinach Salad
Holiday Avocado, Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- 2 bunches flat leaf spinach stems trimmed, well washed and dried
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- cranberries or cranberry sauce optional
- Toss spinach, sliced almonds, feta cheese and pomegranate arils. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sliced avocado and toss with slices with lemon juice, drain.
- Add sliced avocado to the top of the salad.
- Serve immediately.
- *For just a bit more tartness and flavor, I added some leftover cranberries we had from a sauce we made. (optional)