This beautiful avocado pomegranate spinach salad is full of great crunch and delicious flavors making it the perfect side dish for any meal, but a great choice as a holiday salad!
Why you’ll love this incredible avocado pomegranate salad
If you love pomegranate as much as we do, try our pomegranate margaritas, our pomegranate orange spinach salad or these steel cut oats with pomegranate seeds, oranges and maple syrup from my dear friend Ellen.
This salad is so ridiculously easy to throw together, yet the presentation is gorgeous and looks beautiful on a holiday table. It compliments any meal but honestly is especially perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
You can hardly call this a recipe and certainly anyone can throw it together. It required very little measuring on my part. We literally just tossed in all the ingredients, arranged them on the platter and were quite pleased by exactly how beautiful it turned out.
It’s just so easy and looks beautiful when served.
Tips and Substitutions
You can substitute any ingredient in this salad or add more or take away ingredients. Here are some suggestions.
- Lettuce Substitution – Instead of spinach, this can be served on any bed of lettuce from leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, romaine or arugula.
- Pomegranate Substitution – sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, red grapes or even blackberries or any combination of the above.
- Avocado Substitutions – green grapes, edamame, chickpeas, cucumber or broccoli.
- Sliced Almonds Substitutions – macadamia nuts, pecans, chopped walnuts
- Feta Cheese Substitutions – Fresh parmesan, goat cheese, bleu cheese are all great crumbled into this salad.
Salad Dressing Options: Strawberry Basil Syrup makes a great dressing for this salad. Add vinegar to it for more flavor. Also, our red wine raspberry sauce also is absolutely incredible over this and also goes great with desserts.
Recipe Ideas to Serve with This Avocado Pomegranate Spinach Salad
If you make our recipe, please let us know! Tell us in the comments or you can take a photo and share it, tagging us on instagram, facebook or twitter with #dailydishrecipes. We love seeing your creations!
Pin This For Later
Recipe for Avocado Pomegranate Spinach Salad
Avocado Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- 2 bunches flat leaf spinach stems trimmed, well washed and dried
- 1 cups pomegranate arils
- ¼ cups sliced almonds
- 2 avocados sliced
- ¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cups Feta cheese crumbled
- cranberries or cranberry sauce optional
- Toss spinach, sliced almonds, feta cheese and pomegranate arils. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sliced avocado and toss with slices with lemon juice, drain.
- Add sliced avocado to the top of the salad.
- Serve immediately.
- *For just a bit more tartness and flavor, I added some leftover cranberries we had from a sauce we made. (optional)