If you missed my post from the weekend, this is the Red Wine Raspberry sauce that accompanies the Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake. The sauce is so versatile and can be used on so many things, I thought it needed a home of it’s own. Plus I want to show you what you can do with it!
Let’s talk about what greatness this Red Wine Raspberry Sauce has been used on with this batch.
We’ve used it on plain and raspberry pancakes. We’ve used it on French Toast. Ice Cream. Drizzled over muffins and the top of iced cupcakes. I tossed it in a spinach salad the other day. And of course, this cake.
We only have a small amount left before I have to make up some more, and tonight we actually plan to pair it with steaks and grilled veggies.
The possibilities are endless.
What would you use it on?
Red Wine Raspberry Sauce
- 2 containers fresh raspberries
- 3/4 - 1 cup sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon or red wine of choice
- Combine the raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan, mashing the raspberries a bit.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and add the lemon juice.
- Simmer for 3 minutes then add in the Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon or red wine of your choice
- Continue to simmer for 1 minute.
- Store in sealed containers (we use mason jars) for up to 1 week.
Uses for Red Wine Raspberry Sauce:
- Ice Cream Topping
- Drizzled over Cakes (like this one)
- French Toast
- Drizzle over cupcakes
- Drizzle over Pound cake
- With Savory main dishes (poultry, seafood, beef)
- Stir into shakes, smoothies or malts
- Toss with fruit
- Use like dressing for a salad
- Toss or drizzle over grilled vegetables
- In hot beverages. (my daughter enjoyed it stirred in a cup of hot chocolate, and I tried in coffee)
What else would you do with this great Red Wine Raspberry Sauce?