How is it week three of our Progressive Dinner already? Of course, I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away! Anyway, today we are all about holiday side dishes and I am bringing this fabulous Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Cranberries and Almonds. Our sponsor this week is O Olive Oil.
Our Sponsor: O Olive Oil
I cannot even say enough good things about O Olive Oil with the amazing finishing oils and vinegar’s, there is something for every taste bud and every dish. O Olive Oil was the first in the United States to crush organic citrus with olives to produce their signature line of oils. Their products are sold in gourmet, natural food and specialty stores in the United States, Canada, Japan and Europe, and Latin America. We each got a set of oils and vinegar’s to use and try out and I have several recipes in the works for the blog using these oils and vinegar’s. O Olive Oil California Roasted Garlic is featured in today’s recipe.
Can I also just say I am totally in love with the bottles they use? And all the different flavors and types of olive oils and vinegar’s? Drizzle them on salads or fresh vegetables, add to soup or stew, mix up some glaze for this years ham or turkey. You will not be disappointed.
Shopping for someone this holiday who already has everything? Honestly, these are the perfect gift idea and they have gift sets available that wrap nicely and fit comfortably under the tree for anyone!
The Recipe for Garlic Roasted Asparagus with Cranberries and Almonds
We just love the savory and sweet flavor combination of this side dish and it combines two already wonderful holiday side dishes. The beauty of this side is that some might prefer fresh cranberries or a homemade sauce over the top, while others might enjoy the ease of simply using a canned cranberry sauce. I do both, but for this recipe, I used a canned sauce with whole cranberries in it. Holiday meal prep is stressful enough, it’s just easier and quicker to warm up some cranberry sauce and spoon it over the top. Yes, I am all about ease. I have never used a finishing olive oil on this recipe before, but of course I used the O Olive Oil California Roasted Garlic over the top before spooning on the cranberries. In my opinion this took it over the top and the flavors were outstanding. (recipe below)
Progressive Dinner Side Dishes
Busy-at-Home : Creamy Garlic Mashed Faux-Tatoes with Parmesan
Daily Dish Recipes: Garlic Roasted Asparagus with Cranberries and Almonds
Flour on My Face: Broccoli Casserole
Will Cook for Smiles: Cranberry Stuffing
The Gunny Sack: Blooming Sweet Potato
Adventures in All Things Food: Warm Beet and Brussels Sprout Slaw
Garlic Roasted Asparagus with Cranberries and Almonds
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- O Olive Oil California Roasted Garlic Olive Oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted & sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, homemade or canned
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut or break the woody ends off the asparagus.
- Layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle O Olive Oil Roasted Garlic Olive Oil (or regular EVOO) over the top. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the top and turn the asparagus to coat evenly.
- Spread the asparagus out in a single layer on the pan and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Drizzle O Olive Oil California Roasted Garlic on the asparagus.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over the top and sprinkle with almond slices and feta.
- Serve immediately.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil (optional). Season lightly with salt and fresh black pepper.