Creamy Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad is such a fantastic side dish for your summer BBQ event, and is perfect for large crowds.
Fairly inexpensive and easy to make, it’s the perfect side dish for a crowd. Just double or triple, as needed.
Creamy Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad
I’m a little in love with this creamy pasta salad.
This is one of those GREAT pasta salad recipes that is perfect in the summer for picnic’s, BBQ’s and well, Memorial Day Weekend, which is what we made it for.
It’s a nice, easy no heat/low heat pasta salad.
The name avocado bacon pasta salad is a little deceiving because it has so much more than avocado and bacon, but since that’s my favorite part, that’s what I called it.
Oddly I consider pasta salad a summer comfort food, it as least for me.
It’s one of those things that just feels like summer, and goes so well with anything you want to serve it with.
What are the best main dishes to serve with pasta salad?
To be honest, pasta salad goes with almost anything. But these are three things we love to eat it with.
Things like hot dogs, barbecue chicken, burgers, brats, steak and more!
Complete BBQ Meal Plan:
- Drink: Easy Orange Creamsicle Cocktails
- Drink: Skinny Rosemary Lime Vodka Fizz
- Salad: Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Salad: Creamy Blueberry Spinach Salad
- Sides: Grilled Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- Sides: Grilled Corn with Garlic Herb Butter
- Main: Best BBQ Burgers Ever
- Main: Kalua Pulled Pork
- Dessert: Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Dessert: Almond Joy Cupcakes
Additions and Substitutions
pasta – Use any type or style of pasta to make this salad. We also really love it with Farfalle (bow tie pasta).
sauce – you can substitute the mayo for prepared ranch dressing if desired, to give it a whole different flavor.
crunch – if you want a bit more crunch in this salad, adding chopped nuts, chopped pickles or capers is a great way to add a little crunch to the salad.
additions – sliced hard boiled egg, chopped peppers, sliced mushrooms, chopped herbs, shredded cheese, feta or goat cheese or mozzarella pearls.
Truthfully the possibilities are endless.
Creamy Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe
Creamy Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper can use red or black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cups sliced black olives optional
- 2-3 avocados pitted and cut into 1" pieces
- 12 slices bacon cooked, drained and cut into 1" pieces
- Boil the pasta as directed on the package. Drain and then rinse with cold water to cool the pasta.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, garlic salt, white (or red or black) pepper, the dill and the juice from the 1-2 lemons. Remember to save a few tablespoons of the lemon juice for the avocado. (keeps it from browning).
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado in a few tablespoons of lemon juice. (Usually what I do is squeeze ALL the lemon juice into the avocado bowl, toss well and then the remainder gets poured into the mayo mixture).
- Pour the drained and cool pasta into a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, sliced bacon, black olives and the avocado. Gently stir in the mayo mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Serve cold. Delicious with burgers, sandwiches, steaks – whatever!