Kielbasa sausage smothered in melted Queso cheese sauce topped with cilantro is a fun and different way to enjoy a traditional hot dog. Queso Kielbasa Dogs can be made even better with diced tomatoes, salsa or any other topping you desire.
Today the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are talking Creative Hot Dog recipes, and summer is the best time to enjoy a hot dog! The tastemakers have put together a great collection of fun and creative hot dog recipes to keep you busy for the next couple of months. I made these Queso Kielbasa Dogs because we love them so much, also because I wanted to contribute to all the great creative hot dog recipes. Plus, these Queso Kielbasa Dogs are kinda amazing. We change them up frequently and of course the possibilities are endless.
Now, I will tell you that if you really want to, you can use an already prepared Queso cheese for this recipe, but making the Queso Cheese Dip that I have included in this recipe, will make all that is wrong with the world, right again. It’s so creamy and delicious and while we love it as a simple Queso Cheese dip, we also love to dip almost anything and everything in it.It’s great with veggies, hot dogs, hamburgers, shrimp tacos and SO much more! We also love ours loaded with green onions and cilantro, so if you love them too, go for it. If not, then load them down with what you love – guacamole, black beans, whatever! The most important part of these Queso Kielbasa dogs is the actual Kielbasa. It has SO much flavor! Much more so than your typical hot dog, but I will also tell you this cheese is fantastic even on a regular hot dog!
Are you ready to make Queso Keilbasa Dogs?
Queso Kielbasa Dogs
- 1 pkg. smoked sausage or kielbasa links
- 1 pkg. hot dog buns
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (regular full fat is best)
- 1 lb. white american cheese, cut into slices and cubes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon jalapenos, minced fine (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine + extra for garnish (optional)
- 3-5 Tablespoons milk, until desired consistancy
- green onion, chopped (optional, for topping)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the cream cheese, white american cheese and butter. Add the jalapenos and chopped cilantro and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir the mixture until everything is combined. Add a tablespoon of milk, stir. Repeat until you have reached desired consistency.
- Cook for about 15 more minute or until everything is completely melted.
- Cook Kielbasa sausage as desired. We grilled ours.
- When Kielbasa is done, put into a hot dog bun.
- Cover in melted Queso cheese. Top with chopped green onions, and more cilantro. Serve hot.