Queso Kielbasa Dogs
A Queso Kielbasa Dogs start with a kielbasa sausage smothered in melted Queso cheese sauce topped with cilantro.
It’s a fun and different way to enjoy a traditional hot dog and can be made even better with diced tomatoes, salsa or any other topping you desire.
I made these Queso Kielbasa Dogs because we love them so much.
Why We Love These:
- Easy and delicious!
- Something unique and different.
- Can be made any way you’d like, make additions, substitutions… you have fun with them your way.
- Perfect for a fun and different BBQ.
Plus, these Queso Kielbasa Dogs are kinda amazing. We change them up frequently and of course the possibilities are endless.
Queso Kielbasa Dogs Shopping List
- 1 package smoked sausage or kielbasa links
- 1 package of hot dog buns
- 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 pound (16 ounce) white American cheese
- jalapenos (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- green onion (optional)
queso – you can either make the recipe provided, or just use a store-bought version. Or you can totally make your own version!
But I will also tell you that making the Queso Cheese Dip that I have included in this recipe, will make all that is wrong with the world, right again.
It’s so perfectly creamy and delicious and is a great dip too!
cheese sauce – if you’d prefer not to use this sauce mentioned above, you could also substitute Velveeta Cheese Dip, Taco Dip or beer cheese dip.
kielbasa – if you’d prefer to skip the kielbasa, you can use brats, hot dogs or any other type of sausage.
- black beans
- Mexican rice
- fresh corn
- chopped tomatoes
- Mexican or Spanish rice
- chopped vegetables like peppers, avocado, squash, zucchini, etc.
What to Serve with Queso Kielbasa Dogs
- Avocado Fries – They can be baked in the oven, fried on the stove or made in the air fryer. Serve with the included Garlic Lime Chili Aioli.
- Potluck Corn Black Bean and Cilantro Salsa Dip – easy, inexpensive to feed a crowd. Creamy, flavorful and a true crowd-pleaser. Easy to double or triple and is still a cheap potluck recipe or dip.
- Spicy Ranch Black Bean Salad – The perfect cold pasta salad, creamy and full of so much flavor.
- Cowboy Beef Nachos – beefy, cheesy and loaded with plenty of delicious toppings.
- Spanish Rice – 10 minutes and you get a hearty, fluffy, and perfectly seasoned side that goes perfect with this recipe!
- Fresas Con Crema (Strawberries & Cream) – sweet, creamy and refreshing, perfect ending to a meal!
Recipe for Queso Kielbasa Dogs
Queso Kielbasa Dogs
- 1 pkg. smoked sausage or kielbasa links
- 1 pkg. hot dog buns
- 8 oz. block cream cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes (regular full fat is best)
- 1 lb. white american cheese cut into slices and cubes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon jalapenos minced fine (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped fine + extra for garnish (optional)
- 3-5 Tablespoons milk until desired consistancy
- green onion chopped (optional, for topping)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the cream cheese, white american cheese and butter. Add the jalapenos and chopped cilantro and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir the mixture until everything is combined. Add a tablespoon of milk, stir. Repeat until you have reached desired consistency.
- Cook for about 15 more minute or until everything is completely melted.
- Cook Kielbasa sausage as desired. We grilled ours.
- When Kielbasa is done, put into a hot dog bun.
- Cover in melted Queso cheese. Top with chopped green onions, and more cilantro. Serve hot.