Nothing like beating the heat with this delicious & super easy Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae. Just a few simple ingredients for the perfect BBQ dessert!
This post and this Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples if I wanted to use them by some of the sponsor companies but as always all opinions are 100% mine.
Looking for a fantastic summer dessert recipe? You don’t have to look any further than this Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae but if I was honest, you totally should.
Because we have a fabulous group of bloggers that put together a bunch of fabulous Summer Dessert recipes that will be revealed all week long.
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event!
Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you.
With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite!
In the meantime, I hope these photos of this Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae might get your mouth watering.
I realize if you look at the series of them, you might be able to tell that the evening we made these, it was 105 degrees outside with the heat index at 115!
It was WAY hot, and stupid humid. But these definitely helped us cool down!
They did melt quickly but that’s to be expected on that hot of a day. Just eat ’em up inside if you find a day like that day.
They are SO easy to make! And they are the perfect ending to a great BBQ.
The rum sauce is addicting!
Like riiiiiiiidiculously addicting! I couldn’t stop scooping it up on my finger. Please don’t tell anyone. LOL
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae
Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored and sliced into ½
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream per sundae
- Using a good cooking spray, spray a large grill pan and heat over a medium flame. Grill the pineapple, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until it is nicely brown with grill marks. We prefer the barbecue grill as another option.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the brown sugar, butter, heavy cream and dark rum. Allow to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for at least 3-4 minutes, continuing to stir constantly until sauce is slightly thickened. Best if served warm. (Sauce can be stored in refrigerator covered for up to 1 week.)
- To assemble your Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae, place a pineapple ring on each serving plate. Scoop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the center. Drizzle your rum sauce across the top. Enjoy!