Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tarts
Tart, tangy and delectably sweet, these Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tarts are the perfect summer dessert recipe for a barbecue, get together or just because.
This post and these Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tarts were created for #SummerDessertWeek.
I was sent samples if I wanted to use them by some of the sponsor companies but as always all opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s talk about these delicious little Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tarts for a moment now.
These are incredible and taste like summer all in one bite.
Sweet and Tart all at the same time.
Delicate puff pastry surround key lime cheesecake which is then covered in a cherry sauce and topped with a big beautiful fresh Ranier Fruit cherry.
Ranier Fruit sent me some beautiful cherries and blueberries so I definitely wanted to use them for my summer dessert recipe!
Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tarts are a big hit at parties.
They are very easy to make, but do take some time, so plan ahead.
You can make them up the day before however, and serve them the next day.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
No Bake Treats:
- No-Bake Banana Split Lasagna Lush from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Blueberry Lemon Ice Box Cake from The Whimsy One
- Classic Sweet Cherry Pie from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tarts from Daily Dish Recipes
Recipe for Cherry Lime Pastry Tarts
Cherry Lime Puff Pastry Tart
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup key lime juice
- zest of the 2 key limes
- 1 cup fresh Ranier Fruit cherries pitted
- ¼ cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sheet of puff pastry dough
- 12 fresh Rainer Fruit cherries for garnish
- ¼ slice lime sugared garnish
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and slice into 1 dozen squares. Use a rolling pin to thin the dough out a tiny bit. Tuck a square into each cavity of a mini muffin tin. Bake as directed on package. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Make the Cherry Sauce. In a medium saucepan, bring the cherries, sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Stir the lemon juice and cornstarch together in a small bowl until smooth. Whisk it into the cherry mixture. Return the whole thing to a boil, stirring constantly. Keep cooking until the liquid has thickened. Should take about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Taste the sauce carefully and add a bit more sugar if needed and stir well. Set the sauce aside to cool to room temp.
- Make the Key Lime Cheesecake Mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high until creamy and completely combined. Pour in the heavy cream, lime juice and lime zest. Beat until completely combined and thick. Set aside.
- Once everything is cooled to room temp, remove the puff pastry shells from the muffin tin and place on a platter. Using a piping tool or a baggie with a tip cut off, pipe the lime cheesecake mixture into each puff pastry cup. Top with Cherry Sauce.
- Top each puff pastry with a beautiful, fresh cherry.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill until firm, at least 4 hours. I usually do overnight but 4 hours is good. Serve chilled.
I always look forward to cherry season, and lime is a year-round favorite of ours. I would be thrilled with either the SLT or W-S gift card and could make really good use of it right now! Thanks for the opportunity.
You’re certainly welcome! I totally understand the cherry and lime season! Can’t get enough!
These little bites are perfect! I love the cherry on top!