Muffin Tin Apple pies made with fresh apples, tossed with a perfect blend of spices & covered with a soft blanket of flaky pie crust.
Muffin Tin Apple Pies are a traditional pie made with fresh apples, tossed with the perfect blend of spices, and then covered with a blanket of my flaky pie crust.
But all in cute little miniature form and baked in a muffin tin.
Guess what time it is?
Time for this month’s Secret Recipe Club reveal. We had fun making these little gems, but not without a lot of other choices on the ballot too.
This month I was assigned Lori’s Culinary Creations. She has quite the extensive recipe collection, so choosing is hard!
I had Lori a few months back and we wanted to try her Bacon Cups with Shrimp or her Apricot Honey Cupcakes, but we settled on these Fresh Strawberry Muffins that were to die for!
This time we had some trouble deciding on savory or sweet.
We loved her Salmon with Lemon Thyme Sauce because omg! That sauce!
And we were also eyeballing her Peach Mango Sorbet, which we only opted out of because of time!
We settled on these cute little Muffin Tin Apple Pies, because, well – we had just purchased produce boxes filled to the rim with different fruit and there were a lot of apples.
I was stressing over what I was going to do with so many of them. This just seemed like the answer.
Plus, they are little mini apple pies, how can you resist?
The filling is SO good. I could see this filling working in other ways too. Would be really delicious in between layers of cake, or even topping ice cream!
Lori cubed her apples but I had helpers this day and I they love to play with my Apple Corer Peeler Slicer Gadget I bought a million years ago from Pampered Chef.
So we cored, peeled and allowed it to slice the apples and then we sliced smaller.
I also made my own pie crust, but you totally don’t have to do that.
I just didn’t want to run to the store to get stuff, and I have a great recipe you can find here – easy pie crust, and I just figured I’d make it myself.
These were the perfect after school snack.
I was so happy with how easy they were, that little hands could help with almost everything, that they tasted delicious and were so stinkin’ cute.
You should serve these with a side of vanilla ice cream.
We did not have any, so we substituted chocolate and it was not the same. It was good, but it wasn’t the same.
Printable Recipe for Muffin Tin Apple Pies
Muffin Tin Apple Pies
- 2 9 ” pie crusts store bought or homemade
- 3 medium apples peeled and sliced (or cubed)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix the apples with the syrup, cinnamon, flour, all spice, vanilla and nutmeg. Toss to coat the apples well.
- Cut 16 circles out of your rolled out pie crust dough, to fit a medium muffin pan.
- Press 8 of the crusts into the pan leaving a little over the top. Don’t miss this part, because it’s hard to keep them together otherwise.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of the cups and then cover each one with another circle of dough.
- Press the edges together to seal the crust. Cut a small slit on the top of each of the mini pies.
- Bake in the oven according to your pie crust directions.
- Since I used my homemade dough recipe, I baked the pies at 400 for 15 minutes and then turned it down to 350 and cooked about 15-20 minutes more.
- I brushed some butter and sprinkled some brown sugar and cinnamon on top about 5 minutes before they were done.