Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting, incredibly moist, full of amazing rum and chocolate flavor topped with a bright pink beet infused frosting. Sounds crazy? Nope! Only delicious! Nobody will ever know!
These Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting are sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s day 4 of #BrunchWeek and we are having a blast! Huge thanks and props goes out to Terri of Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for undertaking this huge task of putting this all together.
I’d also love it if you’d go check out all of our great sponsors. Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best. These fantastic sponsors not only provided us with wonderful ingredients to create some of these fabulous recipes you are seeing this week, but they also have all contributed AMAZING prize packages for our readers to win.
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Did I really add Beet’s to a cupcake? I sure did and it they turned out amazing! So moist, so chocolaty and so incredibly delicious. I think I might have loved the frosting a little too much as well.
I love the color that the beets make the frosting. You can’t get that pink unless you use a lot of food coloring. No food coloring here. Only natural coloring. And so incredibly easy.
Oh and how’d you like one of these fantastic prize packages?
Before you go, are you sure you wouldn’t just love to try one of these Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting? This recipe isn’t like many others I’ve found. You don’t taste the beets, the chocolate is rich and perfect. It’s a delicious cake with only a slight hint of rum, chocolaty goodness and so soft and moist.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Barley and Apple Salad with Kale Pesto from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus and Cheese Tart from Brunch-n-Bites
Muffin Tin Frittatas from Sweet Beginnings
Red Pepper, Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche from Family Around the Table
Shaksuka from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Cooking with Carlee
French Toast Sticks from The Barbee Housewife
Khachapuri – Georgian Cheese Bread with Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes from For the Love of Food
Strawberry Streusel Crescent Muffins from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Tiramisu Pancakes from Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad from Eat Move Make
Asparagus Tart from Mildly Meandering
Creamy & Luscious Italian Asparagus from Girl Abroad
Roast Carrots with Pine Nuts & Feta from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Potato Avocado Toast from Forking Up
Chocolate Caramel Muffins from The PinterTest Kitchen
Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut and Blueberry Frosting from Love and Confections
Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Beet Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes
Espresso Coffee Cake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Peach Brown Butter Coffee Cake from The Redhead Baker
Did you miss any of my Brunch recipes?
- French Toast Muffin Bites
- Creamy Baked Cheesy Asparagus
- Cheesy Artichoke Bruschetta
- Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting
- Roasted Red Pepper Asparagus Mini Tarts
Ready to try these Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting for yourself?
Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed cooked beets, well-drained of liquid
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn's Rum flavor Bakery Emulsion, (you can substitute extract instead)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Frosting:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons LorAnn's Vanilla flavor Bakery Emulsion
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mashed beet puree
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed beets, eggs, rum baker emulsion (or extract), vegetable oil and sugar. On low speed, mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and unsweetened cocoa powder. Once blended, add to the first bowl. Beat together well.
- Pour batter into liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Allow to cool before adding frosting.
For the Frosting:
- Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla bakery emulsion (or extract), cream cheese and mashed beet puree. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Frost cupcakes when they have completely cooled.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.