Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting, incredibly moist, full of amazing rum and chocolate flavor topped with a bright pink beet infused frosting. Sounds crazy? Nope! Only delicious! Nobody will ever know!
These Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting are sponsored in conjunction with Brunch Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Brunch week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s day 4 of #BrunchWeek and we are having a blast!
These fantastic sponsors not only provided us with wonderful ingredients to create some of these fabulous recipes you are seeing this week, but they also have all contributed AMAZING prize packages for our readers to win.
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
Did I really add Beet’s to a cupcake?
I sure did and it they turned out amazing!
So moist, so chocolaty and so incredibly delicious.
I think I might have loved the frosting a little too much as well.
I love the color that the beets make the frosting.
You can’t get that pink unless you use a lot of food coloring.
No food coloring here. Only natural coloring.
And so incredibly easy.
Before you go, are you sure you wouldn’t just love to try one of these Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting?
This recipe isn’t like many others I’ve found. You don’t taste the beets, the chocolate is rich and perfect.
It’s a delicious cake with only a slight hint of rum, chocolaty goodness and so soft and moist.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Syrup from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Barley and Apple Salad with Kale Pesto from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes from For the Love of Food
Strawberry Streusel Crescent Muffins from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Tiramisu Pancakes from Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Roast Carrots with Pine Nuts & Feta from Books n’ Cooks
Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut and Blueberry Frosting from Love and Confections
Peach Brown Butter Coffee Cake from The Redhead Baker
More Great Brunch recipes
- French Toast Muffin Bites
- Creamy Baked Cheesy Asparagus
- Cheesy Artichoke Bruschetta
- Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting
- Roasted Red Pepper Asparagus Mini Tarts
Recipe for Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups mashed cooked beets well-drained of liquid
- 3 large Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn’s Rum flavor Bakery Emulsion (you can substitute extract instead)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Frosting:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons LorAnn’s Vanilla flavor Bakery Emulsion
- 5 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mashed beet puree
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed beets, eggs, rum baker emulsion (or extract), vegetable oil and sugar. On low speed, mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and unsweetened cocoa powder. Once blended, add to the first bowl. Beat together well.
- Pour batter into liners about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Allow to cool before adding frosting.
For the Frosting:
- Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla bakery emulsion (or extract), cream cheese and mashed beet puree. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Frost cupcakes when they have completely cooled.