It’s July’s Group A Secret Recipe Club reveal day and if you hadn’t noticed, I already posted one recipe for Texas Sheet Cake Cookies. So here I am with some Flourless Raspberry Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes.
Why? Well, I also decided to help out an extra from June’s Group C reveal, and I’m posting for her today! 🙂 Yay!
The June Group C blog I had was Mangia Blog, run by Chelsy and literally stuffed with FANTASTIC mostly Gluten Free recipes. I absolutely loved looking through her list of recipes!
Looking at so many recipes, it was SO hard to come up with something, but I was already on a chocolate kick, and these Flour-Less Razz-tastic Chocolate Baby Bundt Cakes were just what the doctor… er… cravings, ordered.
And honestly I already had ALL the ingredients so they were happening. I also considered her Peanut Butter and Honey Oatmeal Muffins, Banana Bread Milkshakes and her Mexican Inspired Mayo-less Egg Salad. She has an absolutely amazing array of recipes and you really need to check them out.
In the meantime, can I just tell you how good these are?
The secret ingredient is Black Beans. Yep. I’ve been dying to try making something sweet with black beans and you’d think I’d have done it already, but this was the first time.
You know what? It is incredible. It’s a rich chocolate taste, a texture that’s kind of like super fudgy brownies and the raspberries give it a little something extra that’s almost unexpected but is perfect. I am SO glad I made these.
My kids had NO idea that they weren’t just a typical brownie. Only ONE of them commented on the strange texture, but the rest of us agreed, he’s just used to more cake-like brownies because honestly I don’t think you’d know the difference at all.
Chelsy, we loved these. So much that I have made them three different times (including as bars) and we have devoured them quickly. I feel less bad about that since it’s made with beans, ya know? Plus we’re a big group, so it’s inevitable.
Recipe for Flourless Raspberry Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes
Flourless Raspberry Chocolate Baby Bundt Cakes
- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added black beans
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- Pour the black beans into a strainer and rinse them well with cold water. This step is important.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- In your blender or food processor, combine the beans, eggs, butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and sugar. Blend until it’s a smooth, cake like batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (add nuts too if desired)
- Scoop the batter into the prepared mini bundt pan.
- Top each filled mini bundt with fresh rasberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into each mini bundt comes out clean.