Cake! Who loves cake as much as me? It may very well be one of my favorite desserts, and I love making poke cakes because they are super simple and the flavors are unlimited. Today, we are celebrating Piña Colada Day and I brought this super easy, but oh so tasty Pina Colada Poke Cake to celebrate.
Last year for a different event I brought a Tropical Layered Poke Cake for a Tropical Foods theme, and I also made this Tropical Pina Colada Poke Cake which is different than the Pina Colada Poke Cake I am sharing with you today.
This cake, not surprisingly, was gone the same day it came out of the oven. Like… devoured.
I know I feed hungry teenagers but my goodness I didn’t expect that. It is just that good.
And it’s truly the best way to celebrate summer. In fact, each bite of this yummy cake takes you to a beach, sipping a Pina Colada and wishing summer would never end.
As a food blogger and recipe developer, I photograph almost everything I make. And if you’ve ever tried to photograph a poke cake, it can be pretty difficult.
Here’s the problem. You poke all those holes in the cake to let the liquid seep down into the cake. But what happens is that the cake often falls apart as you are serving a slice.
With this cake, I intentionally poked LARGER holes, but much less of them and tried to envision where the center of each slice was, so I could make sure that each slice got a couple of holes, but that I could cut around them to keep the cake together.
Guess what? It worked!
Each slice had at least three or four holes, but they were placed in a way that the cake wouldn’t fall apart and it made for much easier to photograph slices.
Now, if you aren’t photographing your poke cake (which I realize you probably are not) …. poke those holes wherever you want.
Let’s see what everyone made…
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Want to make a Pina Colada Poke Cake?