Tropical flavors combine in this fluffy, moist Tropical Layered Poke Cake that is perfect for any summer event. Whether you’re hosting a BBQ or a pool party this is the perfect dessert!
There are some days I wish I could be whisked away to a tropical island, with beautiful blue water, palm tree’s swaying in the gentle breeze.
The day I made this cake, was one of those days.
The days I wish I could crawl back in bed from the moment my foot touches the floor and that feeling just stays with you all day.
It wasn’t necessarily a bad day.
It was just stressful and busy like most days.
However, whenever I am feeling that way, I tend to head to the kitchen for a little stress relief.
Baking makes me feel better and keeps me calm when things don’t feel that way.
So bake I did and this was the result and it’s super easy.
And all was right in the world, if only for a few hours.
This cake is loaded with delicious tropical flavor.
Coconut, mango, pineapple and kiwi.
The cake is long gone, even the crumbs, but the memories are not.
It definitely made me feel better and it made me smile as everyone ate bite after bite, oohing and ahhing.
One of my teenagers, unaware of our theme, boasted she felt like she was on vacation somewhere warm and tropical.
Guess I nailed it.
It was delicious and if you want a cake that will take you away to another place, this ones it.
Be sure and check out the rest of the awesome Tropical inspired recipes.
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Condiments and Sauces
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish – Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers