Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream is perfectly creamy, wonderfully spiced and the perfect way to end your hot summer day!
Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream
This Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream is Dairy, Egg, & Soy Free.
It’s also ridiculously delicious and a little addicting.
We ate a lot. And then made it again…
Alright, let’s be honest. I’m not really a gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free kinda girl.
That’s probably really obvious when you look around at the majority of my recipes.
That’s not to say I don’t eat that way occasionally, but I can assure you it isn’t done on purpose.
Interestingly I am lactose intolerant. My brother is allergic to dairy. And then we have several friends that are severely allergic to peanuts.
My husband is severely allergic to strawberries and pears (not that it is the same), but you get the point.
It isn’t that I wouldn’t like to cook that way from time to time, it’s just… I don’t actually have to, so I never took the time to learn.
When #SundaySupper decided this week was “Free For All” and was going to encompass the things I mentioned above and more, I went ahead and took on the challenge.
I was actually pleasantly surprised to learn that I already make a lot of things the right way, with the exception of gluten.
I know so little about gluten free cooking, I won’t even pretend.
I am trying to learn though.
Now, after my whirlwind crazy weekend LAST weekend, this week has been wonderful and full of much better things.
However, mini me has headed to her 3 week stay at Truman State University and I’m missing her like crazy.
There’s something kind of surreal about dropping a 15 year old (and 14 last year) off at college. Just saying.
Before I drove her yesterday, we spent a LOT of time in the kitchen this week, and this wonderfully delicious Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream is one of the resulting recipes.
We’ve made it a few times, but this time we tried eating them with some vanilla curd drizzled on top, and oh my… there are not words.
It was so good. It made amazing, spectacular.
Recipe for Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream
Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 cup strongly brewed Chai Black Tea*
- 2 cans 3 1/4 cups coconut milk
- ⅔ cup of Organic Raw Agave Nectar
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch optional, but preferred
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup of the coconut milk with the arrowroot starch. Whisk well to combine them.
- Shake your cans of coconut milk really well before opening to ensure the coconut cream and coconut water are better combined when opening.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove over medium heat, whisk together the arrowroot starch/coconut milk mixture with the tea, agave nectar and all of the remaining coconut milk until blended well. Heat the mixture for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator before putting into the ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturers directions for your ice cream maker.