Soft fluffy Cinnamon Apple Donuts, perfect for Fall!
It’s #AppleWeek and you know what? I’m so ready! I’ve been ready for Fall for over a month now, and getting antsy for my Fall weather that I love so much. It’s a semi-warmer 80 degrees today, after a low 70’s day yesterday that was windy and breezy. I was wearing a sweater yesterday, today I am wearing short sleeves and hoping that this heat goes away.
But there’s nothing like cooking with Fall items that makes me feel like it’s that time, so apples it is!
We love making these Cinnamon Apple Donuts which are twist from my Pumpkin Pie Donuts – moist, soft and fluffy. Each bite screams fall and just takes me where I want to be, even with the hot days still here in St. Louis. Pray these Cinnamon Apple Donuts bring some Fall weather in with them. I’m so ready!
So #AppleWeek is almost over and I wanted to give a big shout out and a great big thank you to our hostess, Carlee from Cooking with Carlee for setting up such a fun week and letting me jump in this year! And don’t forget to scroll down below the recipe and enter the giveaway sponsored by #AppleWeek. There are so many amazing prizes! Plus you won’t want to miss the other recipes!
Let’s make these Cinnamon Apple Donuts
Cinnamon Apple Donuts
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple puree or applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
For Spiced Sugar Coating
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pureed apple, vanilla vegetable oil, eggs and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the apple pie spices, the salt, the baking powder and the flour.
- Mix together the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop (my favorite method) or a spoon, fill each donut well with about a quarter cup of batter or so. You want them about 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove the donuts and place on a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- While still warm, dip them into the melted butter and the apple pie spiced sugar mixture. Use 1 cup of sugar and 2 Tablespoons of apple pie spice. Dip the donut in butter, then dip in spiced sugar mix.
Prize Pack #1 from Rodelle:
A baker’s dream come true! This delicious prize pack includes premium vanilla products, gourmet dutch-processed cocoa and specialty extracts.
Pure Vanilla Extract, Gourmet Dutch-Processed Baking Cocoa, Gourmet Vanilla Extract, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans, Organic Vanilla Extract, Organic Chocolate Extract, Almond Extract, Vanilla Paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip up your next batch of goodies with!
a clip n strip shears
a set up levups
a set of levoons
Prize Pack #3 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal:
Prize Pack #4 from Pyrex and Chicago Cutlery:
Prize Pack #5 from Rainier Fruit:
Don’t forget to check out more of these AWESOME apple recipes from #AppleWeek
Apfelstrudel Recipe (Apple Strudel from Scratch) from House of Nash Eats
Apple and Onion Cornbread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Apple Butter Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker
Apple Chicken Stew from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Apple Cider Dark & Stormy from The Crumby Kitchen
Apple Mincemeat Pie from Palatable Pastime
Apple Pie Bread from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Apple Pie Pancakes from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Apple Praline Bread from Family Around the Table
Apple Stuffing Crusted Pork Chops from Caroline’s Cooking
Apple Walnut Bars from The Chef Next Door
Battered Chocolate Caramel Apple Slices from The Freshman Cook
Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Apple Crack Slaw Eggrolls from Dad What’s 4 Dinner
Cinnamon Apple Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
Diminutive Caramel Apples from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Easy Caramel Apple Butter from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Fast and Easy Peanut Butter Yogurt Fruit Dip from Cooking With Carlee
Mom’s Apple Cake from Books n’ Cooks
Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
PB Apple Butter Muffins from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples from Simple and Savory
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples from Feeding Big
Savory Apple Turkey Brie Galette from Bear & Bug Eats
Swiss Vegetarian Autumn Lasagna With Apples & Squash from All That’s Jas