Soft, fluffy, Apple Pie Donuts taste just like the real thing. Spiced to perfection and loaded with real apple pie filling, these donuts are incredible for breakfast, dessert or midnight snack.
This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek.
Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers.
As always, all opinions are my own.
ALSO! Don’t miss out on the appleweek giveaway! There are some seriously awesome prizes from our seriously awesome sponsors.
If you haven’t checked yet, click that link and go see what we are giving away and hurry and enter!
You should also check back all week long as more and more fabulous apple recipes are shared. You can come back here, because I will link to them everyday.
With Apple Week in full swing, there are dozens of amazing apple recipes being shared each day. I brought these Apple Pie Donuts to the table today because they are a real favorite at our house!
These little sugary, spiced gems bake up light and fluffy and have chunks of apple pie filling throughout. The recipe is simple and the taste is classic.
These go great with a cup of coffee or tea, a sweet friend or a quiet corner and a good book. Just don’t get the sugar in between the pages. 🙂
I am literally so ready for Fall. I love everything about Fall. The sights, the sounds, the smells and the food. From simple tailgating fare to seasonal favorites like Apple Pie.
My Apple Pie Donuts are the perfect snack and you may have a little trouble only eating one. Sorry… not sorry. (I’m really kinda not… they are SO good)
These Apple Pie Donuts happen to be my son’s favorite and he loves them so much, I often have to make them randomly throughout the year. But he really does love them most in the Fall, when the apples are perfect.
If you love Apple Pie, you will definitely love these donuts and their sweet classic flavor.
When my son gives something two thumbs up, I know I have a winner. He’s a little picky. And he actually really doesn’t like sweets too much. So yes, I make these for him whenever he asks.
Who’s ready to make some Apple Pie Donuts right now?
More Great apple recipes:
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Muffins
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- Muffin Tin Apple Pies
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table
Apple Pie Donuts Recipe
Apple Pie Donuts
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup apple pie filling homemade or store bought
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoons apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare your donut pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugars, baking powder and spice.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and apple pie filling.
- Mix the wet and dry mixture just until combined.
- Fill the donut pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the donuts to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, melt butter. In another bowl, mix together sugar and spice mix.
- Brush each donut with melted butter and toss the donut into the sugar/spice mixture.