Apple Pie Muffins – Moist, fluffy goodness that tastes JUST like apple pie!
Happy Fall Y’All!
Here in St. Louis, we have dipped down into the 50’s at night a couple of time and I am loving it!
Of course, it’s also that time of year where you throw on layers in the morning and by afternoon you’re peeling them off and dying of a heat stroke. haha
I do love fresh Apple Pie this time of year, so why not some Apple Pie Muffins too?
Fall is literally my favorite time of year!
I could never do Karen’s amazing life story justice… it’s so awesome.
She was born in South Africa and moved to England where she splits her time there and the South of France.
She has lived ALL over the place and in some pretty amazing places!
Karen’s blog is filled with the most amazing recipes and initially my list was long. Way too long.
My favorites that made it to the final cut were Apple, Lemon and Elderflower Drizzle Cake, Strawberry & Elderflower Cake and Tart Topping (see a theme here? I just discovered Elderflower and I LOVE it!).
I finally settled on the Apple Pie Muffins for a few reasons.
I had an abundance of apples just waiting to be used in the right recipe, but on top of that, her incredible photos made them look so fabulous and they sounded so perfect for this time of year.
I was sold.
I didn’t make any changes except the conversion of self rising flour to all purpose flour as well as to American Measurements.
I also didn’t sprinkle the Demerara sugar on top like she did simply because I didn’t have any, but I did sprinkle some apple pie spice on top before baking.
Each bite of this incredible muffin is moist and fluffy filled with apple goodness.
We made several batches because Karen said they are freezable.
We went ahead and thawed the second batch and they tasted just as good, if not better maybe since all the flavors were together longer.
Of course in fairness we had half a dozen gone before they had even cooled from the first batch so I don’t have much to go on there.
They are SO good. Perfect with your morning cup of coffee or tea and great as an afternoon pick me up!
More Apple Recipes
Printable Recipe for Apple Pie Muffins
Apple Pie Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 large baking apples peeled and cut into very small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon and brown sugar together.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the apple pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin liners. This batch makes 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center come sout clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.