Deliciously moist mini pumpkin cakes with spiced buttermilk glaze are the perfect fall treat in a bite size cake.
Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Spiced Buttermilk Glaze are what I’m talking about today!
It’s that time of year again where I feel like I live in my kitchen. This is not a bad thing, I love Fall cooking and baking! I am so glad that October has arrived! The leaves are changing here in St. Louis and I can walk and hear the crisp crunch under my feet.
The cool air is coming in through our open windows, making it all come together. This is my favorite time of year for all of these reasons!
As I type this, I have a cool breeze coming through the screen of my open patio door. I just love it.
Today I was back in the kitchen baking up some delicious treats and testing a few recipes for upcoming projects. Today I made these delicious little Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Spiced Buttermilk Glaze.
They are incredible and perfect for Fall dinner parties and potlucks!This has been my go to recipe for pumpkin cake for a lot of years and it’s a favorite. It’s great with this Spiced Buttermilk Glaze.
I have since developed a pumpkin spice cake I like better which I will be sharing here soon for a Halloween Celebration. Be sure to come back then!
In the meantime, these are a great fall treat, make a great gift idea and perfect for a fall party or brunch.
Are you ready to try this delicious recipe? What are you waiting for?
Need some more pumpkin awesomeness?
Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Spiced Buttermilk Glaze
For the Cakes:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 15 oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin
For Spiced Buttermilk Glaze:
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour your mini bundt cake pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, cream the granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Beat the eggs into the creamed sugar mixture one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
- Add in vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, alternately adding the buttermilk.
- Gently stir in the pumpkin until blended.
- Pour the batter into the cavities of the mini bundt pan, about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with actual crumbs on it. Remove from oven.
- Allow the cake to rest in the mini bundt pans for about 10 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
For Spiced Buttermilk Glaze:
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Trust me don’t stop. Remove from heat. Drizzle your mini bundt cakes with the Spiced Buttermilk Glaze.