It’s SLEEPOVER time! Whether you’re a kid or an adult, having a sleepover is great fun and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars are a great addition! It wasn’t that many years ago, I had a sleepover at my best friends house. Yes, we are adults. We used to have sleepovers when we were in high school. The adult version was a lot more fun!We enjoyed wine, a great homecooked meal (cooked by moi!), manicures, laughter, talking and yes even falling asleep talking to each other side by side.
I love hosting sleepovers for my own kids too. They are teenagers now, so hosting sleepovers isn’t as hands on for me. They watch Netflix and youtube videos, paint each others nails and toes, try makeup techniques and bake and cook fun snacks and desserts. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars are a favorite, because as usual, kids adore that chocolate/peanut butter combo.Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars may not look like anything special, but they are incredibly easy to make and are perfect for a sleepover – no matter the age! They are kinda fun whenever too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars #SundaySupper
- 3 tablespoons butter (don't use margarine for this)
- 10 oz package marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups chocolate cereal (we used cocoa puffs, but any chocolate cereal will work!)
- Grease a 9x13 inch dish.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat marshmallows and peanut butter on high power for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, stir until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chocolate cereal. Stir with a spatula until mixed together well.
- Press the cereal mixture into your 9x13 dish.
- Allow to cool completely before eating.
Be sure and check out these other fabulous Sleepover recipes!
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey