Mini Cakes of goodness! These Gingerbread Oatmeal Mini Bundt Cakes are perfect for a holiday brunch or anytime you just want a sweet treat!
Holiday time is here, and it’s definitely my most favorite time of year. I wait all year for it to arrive again. As a food blogger, I start celebrating Christmas as early as July, as I prepare for posts on my blog. Testing out recipes, handing out the results to friends and neighbors. They all think I’m nuts, but they love the treats they get.
One of my favorite things to do at holiday time is the baking. There is something wonderful about the warmth of the kitchen and the fantastic smells that fill the air. And holiday flavors are some of my favorite; gingerbread, peppermint, pumpkin and cinnamon among so many others. I also love trying new oatmeal recipes using the scents and flavors of the season.
Do you ever smell something and it takes you back to a favorite memory? When I smell Cinnamon, it reminds me of my grandparents home when I was younger. She wasn’t a baker, but the smell of Cinnamon filled the house from candles and pot pourri. And pine makes me think of my best friends house growing up. They always had a real pine tree and the smell always filled the house. Gingerbread makes me think of a restaurant one my dearest friends in Texas took me to when we lived there. You could have all the gingerbread you could eat, and boy did I get my fill. Every. Single. Time.
These delicious Gingerbread Oatmeal Mini Bundt Cakes take me to that place, the sweet and spicy flavors and the ginger aroma just make me feel like I am back in that restaurant again. They also remind me how much I actually miss Texas and my sweet friends there. That’s what holidays are about, memories, reconnecting and sharing with those we love.
When we were at Target the other day, I picked up the two limited edition canisters of Quaker Oats. While I grabbed both types, this recipe specifically used Quaker Oats Quick Oats. I grabbed both in 42oz size that are available exclusively at Target for a Limited Time Only.
These little Gingerbread Oatmeal Mini Bundt cakes are the perfect dessert on a cold evening.
Drizzle with gingerbread syrup, cranberry sauce or even whipped cream.
Or just eat them plain because they are perfect that way.
More of the Best Gingerbread Recipes
- Gingerbread Milkshakes
- Gingerbread Chocolate Mocha Latte
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Mini Bundt Cakes
- Gingerbread Macarons
Gingerbread Oatmeal Mini Bundt Cakes Recipe
Gingerbread Oatmeal Mini Bundt Cakes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup [url]Quaker Oats Quick Oats∞http://www.target.com/p/quaker-oats-quick-oats-42-oz/-/A-13331304[/url]
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mini bundt cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and molasses on low.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in the bowl of your mixer. Add the Quaker Oats Quick Oats and all of the spices.
- Add the molasses mixture, beaten egg and the milk to the bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- If desired, sprinkle a few quick oats into each cavity of the mini bundt cake pan for the tops of the cakes.
- Spoon the batter into the mini bundt cake pan filling about ⅔ full.
- Bake about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Move to cooling rack and completely cool.
- Serve with cranberry sauce, gingerbread syrup, whipped cream or sifted powdered sugar.