These Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies and this post are sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Don’t like crisp Gingerbread Cookies? These Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies are perfect for cookie cutters, and are soft and spiced perfectly.
Hello! It’s day 2 of Christmas Cookies Week 2018 and today I brought these Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies to the table. Honestly, I adore gingerbread. One of my favorite flavors in the world.
But I am not super crazy about hard or crisp gingerbread cookies. I want soft bites of spicy goodness. These Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies are the ticket!
Brielle feels the same way, so a couple of years ago, we set out trying to find a soft gingerbread cookie recipe and this is the one. It’s been tweaked and modified several times but this is the final amazingly delicious version!
The dough rolls out nice and thick and makes these Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies perfect to use with your favorite holiday cookie cutters.
I have a cookie cutter obsession and have a container that looks like a toy box, FULL of the little plastic and tin shapes.
Speaking of cookie cutters, huge shout out and big thanks to YumGoggle for being one of our awesome sponsors this week and providing some cookie cutters to play with.
After you’ve cut your shapes out, it’s time to get to decorating. Keep it simple or have a ball!
Since pretty much everything I do, is with a toddler at my feet, Carsyn definitely had to get into the fun and so we made these easy to decorate.
We slathered on some icing and allowed him to go to town dipping and throwing handfuls of sprinkles all over the cookies. He’s actually a little compulsive and didn’t seem to like having any of the white showing from the frosting.
We had a few cookies that had been “over sprinkled” a little. But that’s ok. He had fun and I enjoyed doing it with him. It was his first time making cut out cookies and his first time decorating cookies. A fun holiday memory for sure!
Speaking of Sprinkles…. do you see how cute these sprinkles are? One of my favorite places to get cute sprinkle mixes is Sprinkle Pop. They are the perfect sprinkles for our Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies.
We decided to simply ice the cookies and just sprinkle on the sprinkles, but you can certainly take your time to decorate them in a different way as well.
I might have had a little fun with the Christmas Tree’s. 😉
Before we get to making these Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies, I’d love to share our giveaway with you!
Remember that giveaway I mentioned? Well, you can go here to learn about all the great prizes and find out more information. Or you can simply enter below! 4 awesome prize packages!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Tuesday Recipes
- Candy Cane Cookies Adams by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Cherry Totos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Christmas Tree Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Delicious Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Havreflarn Norwegian Oatmeal Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Iced Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Quatre Epice Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- The Best Soft Sugar Cookies by The Saucy Fig
- White Christmas Kiss Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- White Christmas Peppermint Holiday Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Are you ready to make Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies?