Soft, minty and deliciously chocolate with a real Andes Mint Chocolate in the center. These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are an absolute favorite and go quick!
These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies and this post is sponsored on behalf of Christmas Cookies Week. The generous sponsors, YumGoggle, Sprinkle Pop, Silpat and Adams Extracts have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
They provided us with some great products to use to make our favorite cookie recipes and they are offering some amazing prizes in a giveaway.
These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies wouldn’t be as great as they are, without the addition of Adam’s Extracts Peppermint.
A BIG, HUGE shout out to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for the amazing job they did putting this all together and keeping up with it all week.
I’m sad to see it end, but there have been some pretty incredible recipes shared this week. Have you seen them?
I’ve baked so many dozens of cookies already this month, some for Cookie Week and some just because I love to bestow them upon our friends, family and our local police department.
These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies have been a huge hit so far and have been requested several times. They are probably one of our absolute favorites of the holiday season.
But don’t mistake these Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies for Christmas cookies. They are amazing any time of year!
They are perfectly minty and chocolaty. From the inside out. And those melted Andes Mint halves on each cookie? Incredible and they add something extra special.
These remind me of a cross between a crinkle cookie, and a thumbprint cookie, soft and moist. A little chewy, but not too chewy.
If they do seem to get a little harder after a day or so, simply pop them into the microwave for 10-15 seconds and you will have melty, soft chocolaty good Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies!
While I prefer to make these Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies fresh, they do freeze well.
Oh, and did you know, that for Christmas Cookie Week, we are hosting a giveaway? Yep. Great prizes from four great sponsors.
You have lots of chances to win and you can do so just below.
But then be sure to check out the recipe for Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies AND all the other delicious cookies in today’s Christmas Cookies Week roundup!
Remember that giveaway I mentioned? Well, you can go here to learn about all the great prizes and find out more information. Or you can simply enter below! 4 awesome prize packages!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Friday Recipes
- Andes Mint Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brownie Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Bubble Light Sugar Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Cutout Sugar Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Peppermint Madelines by Family Around The Table
- Christmas Ornament Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Christmas Tree Meringues by The Redhead Baker
- Cinnamon Roll No Bake Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies with Eggnog Glaze by Love and Confections
- Figgy Pudding Thumbprints by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fruit Cake Cookie Bars by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Gingerbread Cookie Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Snowdrops by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Merry Moose Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- No Bake Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Pecan Shortbread Trees by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies by Tip Garden
- Sour Cream Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Chocolate Cut Out Cookies with Marble Glaze by The Baking Fairy
- Whoville Christmas Wreath Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Are you ready to make Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies?
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- [1 ½ teaspoons Adam's Peppermint Extract]
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- [1 ⅓ cups Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips]
- [Andes Crème de Menthe After-Dinner Chocolate Mints 1 or ½ per cookie]
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together. Add eggs and Adam's Peppermint Extract and beat everything until light and fluffy, scraping the sides often.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder until combined well.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently fold in the Andres Creme De Menthe Baking Chips,
- Create dough balls about 1" or so. Place about 1 ½" apart on a silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The top will probably still look soft looking.
- Break apart a Andes Creme de Menthe After-Diner Mint and gently press one half into the top of each cookie. Pressing very gently.
- Allow cookies to cool about 5 minutes or so on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These store in an airtight container for several days, freeze really well for a few weeks and to serve with deliciously melty chocolate, zap in microwave about 10-15 seconds.