Soft, minty and deliciously chocolate with a real Andes Mint Chocolate in the center. These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are an absolute favorite and go quick!
I can’t believe it’s the last day of Christmas Cookie Week!
These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies wouldn’t be as great as they are, without the addition of Adam’s Extracts Peppermint.
You can of course use whatever peppermint extract that you want, but this one is our favorite.
I’m sad to see it end, but there have been some pretty incredible recipes shared this week.
Have you seen them?
I’ve baked so many dozens of cookies already this month, some for Cookie Week.
Some just because I love to bestow them upon our friends, family and our local police department.
We’ve eaten A LOT of cookies, but….
These Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies have been a huge hit so far and have been requested several times. I’ve made them three times this season already.
They are probably one of our absolute favorites of the holiday season.
But don’t mistake these Mint Chocolate Cookies for Christmas cookies.
They are amazing any time of year! Sometimes we will bake them right in the middle of the summer!
They are perfectly minty and chocolaty. From the inside out.
And those melted Andes Mint halves on each cookie?
Incredible and they add something extra special.
These remind me of a cross between a crinkle cookie, and a thumbprint cookie, soft and moist.
A little chewy, but not too chewy.
If they do seem to get a little harder after a day or so, you can fix that.
Simply pop them into the microwave for 10-15 seconds and you will have melty, soft chocolaty good Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies!
While I prefer to make these Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies fresh, they do freeze well.
Be sure to check out the recipe for these cookies AND all the other delicious cookies in today’s Christmas Cookies Week roundup!
More Best Christmas Cookies Recipes
- Chocolate Peppermint Madelines
- Double Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- S’mores Drop Cookies
- Nana’s Molasses Cookies
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Kahlua Mudslide Cookies
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⅓ cups Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- Andes Crème de Menthe After-Dinner Chocolate Mints 1 or 1/2 per cookie, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together. Add eggs and Adam’s Peppermint Extract and beat everything until light and fluffy, scraping the sides often.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder until combined well.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently fold in the Andres Creme De Menthe Baking Chips,
- Create dough balls about 1″ or so. Place about 1 1/2″ apart on a silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The top will probably still look soft looking.
- Break apart a Andes Creme de Menthe After-Diner Mint and gently press one half into the top of each cookie. Pressing very gently.
- Allow cookies to cool about 5 minutes or so on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These store in an airtight container for several days, freeze really well for a few weeks and to serve with deliciously melty chocolate, zap in microwave about 10-15 seconds.