An easy, completely fun and very delicious snack, these S’mores Drop Cookies are fantastic anytime of year!
A classic from high school Home Economics classes back in the day, we still put them on our holiday cookie platter.
They are always a huge hit!
So I’ll admit they aren’t the prettiest things ever.
If you love S’mores, you will love these cookies and their appearance won’t bother you one bit.
These are some of the best and easiest cookies to make.
They are delicious and they call for my favorite breakfast cereal of all time!
Some of you might remember them from when mom or grandma made them when you were a young child. I have also heard some say they remember them from Home Ec class at school.
Why make these S’mores Cookies?
- These cookies are the easiest cookie to make. They only require a handful of ingredients, and all ingredients are easily accessible.
- Perfect for afterschool or events. They are absolutely delicious. You will be SO glad you made them!
What do you need to make these S’mores Cookies?
Golden Grahams – Obviously these are the “graham cracker” in the S’mores. I’ve used generic a few time, and I don’t know… I prefer actual name brand Golden Grahams.
Mini Marshmallows – So I usually just use whatever mini marshmallows, but sometimes I don’t have mini’s so I just cut up large ones.
Chocolate Chips – Whatever type you’d like. I usually make them with semi-sweet, but dark chocolate is amazing as well.
Corn Syrup – This is simply to help hold the recipe together.
Butter – This helps the chocolate melt and makes it easier to toss everything together.
Vanilla Extract – It’s just for a little flavor, not necessary to still have a delicious cookie!
How should I store cookies?
Cookies should be stored in an airtight container for the longest lasting results.
Cookie jars typically diminish the length of time that a cookie lasts, but if you plan to eat them in a few days time, it’s definitely ok.
These S’mores Drop Cookies last for about a week, but are better within the first 4 days.
Wednesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Andes Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies
- Cherry Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Linzer Cookies
- Speculoos Cookies
- White Chocolate Espresso Cookies
S’mores Drop Cookies
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips we use semi-sweet
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- In a large bowl, combine the Golden Grahams and the mini marshmallows.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter.
- Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. You need to stir every 30 seconds. I recommend setting your microwave for 30 seconds – removing – stirring – replacing – set for another 30 seconds – repeat until the chocolate is smooth.
- Remove from microwave, add the vanilla (if desired) and stir well.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture and mix well. Try and be sure to coat every single piece of cereal and marshmallow in the bowl.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper on baking sheets.
- Allow to cool. For quicker cooling, and if you can fit them, place the tray in the refrigerator to cool for about 10-15 minutes each.