Rich, chocolatey coffee Kahlua Mudslide cookies are a fun twist on the classic Kahlua Cocktail.
Welcome to the final day of Christmas Cookies Week! If you missed my other two recipes, these Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles are a huge hit and who doesn’t love a chip filled cookie? Chippity Chip Cookies for the win!
On this final day, it is only 42 days left until Christmas.
It’s definitely time to get baking and there is NO shortage of great cookie recipes shared this week.
If you scroll below the recipe, I have included ALL of the cookie recipes shared this week.
These fun cookies are a twist on the super fun Kahlua Mudslide drink.
Why not turn it into a cookie? I mean, how can you not?
It really wasn’t hard to make a soft and moist cookie filled with chocolate chunks and great coffee flavor.
And you don’t even have to keep these away from the kids. In fact, my grandson loves these. lol
These are super simple to make.
You can use any coffee liquor. We just picked Kahlua due to the mudslides.
And feel free to use either coffee powder or espresso powder. It’s all up to you.
You don’t have to use sprinkles, BUT… they make them SO festive and Sweets & Treats has so many great ones to choose from!
You have to check out all the great recipes shared today!!
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
Are you ready to make Kahlua Mudslide Cookies?
Pin these Kahlua Mudslide Cookies for Later
Kahlua Mudslide Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules espresso powder can be substituted
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled for 10-15 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 4 tablespoons sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, coffee granules or espresso powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the melted butter and both sugars until they are fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Pour in the coffee liquor and stir until combined.
- Add the flour a little a time and mix until you get a dough. It’s a little dry at first and if you think its too dry, add a little coffee liquor 1 teaspoon at a time mixing well between additions.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll dough into 1" balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet about 2" apart. Sprinkle the tops lightly with sprinkles.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the middles are still soft.
- Remove from the oven at about the 10 minute mark if possible. Do NOT over bake.
Here is an extensive list of more Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
- Butter Pecan Icebox Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Chocolate Cake Mix Snickerdoodles by Family Around the Table
- Fruit Cake Cookies with Rum Glaze by Books n’ Cooks
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Kołaczki Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Mexican Wedding Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Almond Shortbread Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brown Sugar Ice Box Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie by Lemon Blossoms
- Christmas Checkerboard Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Christmas Chippity Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Christmas Tree Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- French Toast Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosty Ginger Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ginger Snap Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Holiday Coins by Family Around the Table
- Italian Christmas Cookies by Blogghetti
- Meringue Christmas Trees Two Ways by Art of Natural Living
- New York-Style Black & Whites by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pecan Crescent Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Pepparkakor by That Recipe
- Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Vegan Italian Wine Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Zimstern – German Cinnamon Stars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Candy Cane Cookies by Blogghetti
- Cherry Coconut Jumbles by That Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Wedding Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Cinnamon Pecan Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grinch Shortbread Bites by An Affair from the Heart
- Slice n’ Bake Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Winter Pecan Horns by Kate’s Recipe Box