Who doesn’t LOVE Chocolate and Peanut Butter? This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is Ah-May-Zing!
Side note: Today is ALSO reveal day for the Crazy Cooking Challenge – be sure to come back and check out that post. I hung out with Tina, our super awesome hostess and there’s a photo and some more details in that post.
This Week’s Cravings theme this week is Mother’s Day (Brunch Recipes or Mom’s Favorite Foods). This special treat is like a little of both – it’s a great dessert recipe for a brunch, as it serves a lot of people – and while it isn’t my very favorite food in the entire world – chocolate and peanut butter are at the top of my list and well, this is just that good.
Happy Mother’s Day to everyone!
This dish came around during my college years. Someone brought it to a party and it was the first thing gone. It was actually a guy who brought it and I got the recipe – been making it ever since.
It’s one of those desserts that’s really easy to make and great for holiday’s, brunches and potlucks and if you’re like us, any day!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 pkgs. of graham cracker, crumbled (if you want more chocolate, use chocolate graham crackers)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. butter, melted
- 1 8oz. pkg of cream cheese
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 2 8oz. containers of whipped topping
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 (4 oz.) pkgs of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. chopped peanuts, optional
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate, shaved
- In a bowl mix together the crumbled graham cracker, the sugar and the melted butter. Once thoroughly combined, press it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the peanut butter. If you want more peanut butter, go for it. Stir in 1 container of the whipped topping and then add the powdered sugar.
- Spread mixture over the "pie crust".
- Now, mix together the pudding with the milk. It should start thickening pretty quickly, this is what you want.
- Spread the chocolate pudding layer over the top of the peanut butter layer.
- Spread the 2nd container of whipped topping over the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and shaved chocolate, if desired. Chill for about an hour or more before serving.