Soft, rich and oh so chocolatey, with a tartness that cuts through the flavor with a zip, these Chocolate Cranberry Cookies will be a popular hit at your next holiday gathering!
It’s the final day of Cranberry Week, and my friends and I are bringing our week long run of cranberry recipes to an end.
Earlier in the week, I shared these Chocolate Brownie Cranberry Muffins. OMG… so good!
Today I have made these Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
They are so soft and absolutely incredible warm.
But they are just as good at room temperature and the tartness from the cranberries mixed with the sweet richness of the chocolate is literally a combination made it heaven.
The cookies are a favorite to include on your holiday cookie platter.
Just look at that melty chocolate and those plump dried cranberries.
Why you should make this recipe:
Only 10 basic ingredients. Yes, 10 ingredients is a lot but it’s also pretty normal for a cookie. These are basic ingredients (flour, sugar, eggs, etc.) you probably already have on hand with the exception of the dried cranberries.
Super easy and quick. This recipe is super easy, mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients, combine, stir in chips and dried cranberries, put on cookie sheet and bake. These cookies are ready in just about 10-ish minutes.
The perfect holiday cookie. With it’s lovely Christmas appeal, this is a great cookie to enjoy at the holidays!
Welcome to Cranberry Week!
This week we are celebrating all things cranberry! We have delicious recipes from across the country to celebrate all things cranberry!
#CranberryWeek is an annual blogging event that is hosted by Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Sausage Breakfast Patties from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Pecan Paneer Cheese Ballfrom Magical Ingredients
- Nantucket Cranberry Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Cranberry Relish from Devour Dinner
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios, Cranberries, & Parmesan from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cranberry Orange Scones from Jen Around the World
- Cranberry and Brie Wontons from The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Chicken Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa from Family Around the Table
- Cranberry Salsa from Kate’s Recipe Box
Looking for more delicious cranberry recipes?
Cranberry Ambrosia Salad
Do you love cranberry as much as we do?
Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- [1/2 – 3/4 cup dried cranberries as desired]
- ½ – ¾ cup chocolate chips as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, butter, vanilla and oil until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time making sure the ingredients are full incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries or knead into the dough.
- Scoop the dough with a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) and place onto your parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Gently press the dough down to form a cookie the thickness you desire.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven while still soft. Do not over bake. They will continue to cook on the pan for a few minutes after they are removed.
- Allow to cool on your cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring gently to a wire rack to cool completely.