This Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cake is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu.
Moist chocolate cake studded with cranberries and chocolate chips, served with a delicious cranberry sauce over the top.
It’s day 2 of Cranberry Week and we are already in full swing. Great cranberry recipes abound.
Just follow #cranberryweek on social media and you will find all kinds of delicious recipes using cranberries!
I brought this Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cake to the table for the event today.
It’s a favorite at Thanksgiving and Christmas around here.
It’s a pretty easy, fool-proof recipe that is a big hit anytime I serve it.
I have used both regular baking cocoa, AND dark baking cocoa for this cake.
I also usually opt for mini chocolate chips, rather than full size chocolate chips, so you can do what you like.
Because this cake is so rich, we don’t usually top it with anything.
But a smooth chocolate ganache would be amazing on it.
We simply top it with the very easy Cranberry sauce that I have included for you.
It looks beautiful when served.
You can make this cake in a 9×13 pan like I did, or you can make it in 2 9″ round pans, and create a ganache layer for in between. Adjust cooking temperatures accordingly.
The best part of this cake, is how completely versatile it is.
More Delicious Cranberry Recipes
It’s Cranberry Week! See all the other delicious cranberry recipes being shared today (and follow #cranberryweek to see even more):
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Brownies
- Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chip Cake
- Cranberry Orange Breakfast Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Margarita
- Cranberry White Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt
In case you missed yesterdays recipe, I shared Cranberry Butter.
Are you ready to make Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cake?
Make sure to toss the cranberries in the tablespoon of flour.
The reason you do this, is to keep the cranberries from sinking to the bottom.
You can print the recipe below, or pin it to save it for later!
Thank you for supporting us here at Daily Dish Recipes.
Recipe for Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cake
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cake
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 ¾ c. cake flour
- ¾ c. cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. oil
- 1 ½ tsp. almond/vanilla extract
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For Cranberry Sauce
- 1 8 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- juice of half an orange
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Cake:
- Heat your oven to 350°F. I use a 13"x9" pan and greased it.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and extract; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in the warm water.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries + 1 tablespoon of flour coating the cranberries in flour.
- Add the floured cranberries and chocolate chips and gently stir.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for an additional 10-20 minutes after pulling out.
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until cranberries pop and mixture is thick.
- Spoon over individual slices of cake.