This classic vintage recipe for Easy Cranberry Mousse will make anyone love cranberry. Sweet, with just the slightest bit of tartness, it’s the perfect ending to any meal.
How are we almost through the first week of November already? This year is flying by!
This is our fourth day of Cranberry Week and there are dozens of recipes shared using #cranberryweek on social media. Look around, you’ll find something for any event.
I am sharing this classic vintage recipe for a very Easy Cranberry Mousse today. We’ve been making this for years. Nobody in our house adores traditional cranberry sauce, so we usually skip it.
So this is what we serve for dessert instead. Okay, so we also serve pie. Lots of pie. But this too.
This recipe is honestly 4 simple ingredients. You cannot get any easier than that for a holiday recipe and it’s a pretty inexpensive recipe too.
It’s also super popular, and seems to go fast whenever I make it. Oh, and even those that hate Cranberries, tend to love this dessert.
I really don’t know how or why I have not shared this recipe yet. It’s something we’ve made dozens of times and it’s so good.
It’s creamy and sweet. It is mildly tart. And for some reason, it just goes perfectly at the end of a big Thanksgiving meal (or even as a side dish, don’t worry we won’t judge, we do it too!)
It’s Cranberry Week! See all the other delicious cranberry recipes being shared today (and follow #cranberryweek to see even more):
- Caramel Cranberry & Pear Tart from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Cheddar Cheese Appetizer Pitas from Family Around the Table
- Easy Cranberry Mouse from Daily Dish Recipes
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie from Simply Inspired Meals
Are you ready to make this Easy Cranberry Mousse?
You will be so glad that you did.
Recipe for Easy Cranberry Mousse
Easy Cranberry Mousse
- 1 14 ounces can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 3 ounces package of raspberry gelatin
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream
- In a large pot on the stove, boil the cranberry sauce and the juice.
- Continue to boil while stirring until everything is smooth.
- Add the jello and stir again until smooth.
- Remove from stove and cool for about 5-10 minutes. Pour into a large bowl, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in the whipped cream and serve.