These Chocolate Brownie Cranberry Muffins are perfectly chocolatey, sweet and just the right tart from the cranberries. A true favorite for the holiday season.
This week is Cranberry week, and we are celebrating all things encompassing the amazing winter berry and all it’s sweet and tart goodness.
My friends and I have gathered together and brought you dozens of great recipes that we are sharing Monday, Wednesday and Friday of this week.
You can find today’s recipes down below.
I chose these muffins because they are a favorite around here.
My kids have been enjoying brownie muffins since they were little.
They are most definitely of the treat/dessert variety and not so much the breakfast variety.
But if you decide to eat them for breakfast, I won’t judge. (psst… they are really great with a hot cup of coffee!)
We decided to add some chocolate chips and dried cranberries to cut the sweetness and to give them a lovely holiday twist.
Tips and Tricks for these Chocolate Brownie Cranberry Muffins
- These can be made with a boxed brownie mix, and they turn out just as good. However, you will need to adjust the brownie mix ingredients by adding an extra egg to get a more cake like texture.
- We’ve used a lot of different types of baking cocoa powder, so your options are limitless. If you want a more dark chocolate version, use Hershey’s Special Dark.
- For the chocolate chips, anything goes. You can use dark chocolate, semi-sweet or even white chocolate. All are perfect and add something different to the muffins.
- Store the muffins for up to a week in an airtight sealed container.
More Cranberry Recipes
This week we are celebrating all things cranberry! We have delicious recipes from across the country to celebrate all things cranberry!
Cranberry Week is an annual blogging event that is hosted by Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Moscow Mule from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Vegan Cranberry Biriyanifrom Magical Ingredients
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip with Cream Cheese from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Christmas Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Cranberry Sauce Recipe from Devour Dinner
- Cranberry Chutney from The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Fluff from Life Love and Good Food
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast from Kate’s Recipe Box
Let’s make Chocolate Brownie Cranberry Muffins!
Recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cranberry Muffins
Chocolate Brownie Cranberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your muffin pan with 12 muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat everything together until creamy.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing, a little at a time. Beat mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the dried cranberries.
- Divide batter between liners, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow muffins to cool completely on a wire rack.