Share this Recipe!
This Week’s Cravings is upon us again, and this week we have Easter Sweets and Treats – and I just cannot think of anything that fits nicer than a pretty pastel cupcake. I wanted a lemon cupcake at first, and then the more I thought about it, the more I decided I’d like to go with a pink lemonade cupcake because of the sweetness factor.
For Pink Lemonade Cupcakes:
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pink lemonade concentrate, thawed (found with freezer juices)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1-2 drops of Red food coloring
For Pink Lemonade Frosting:
- 1 c. butter, room temperature
- 4 c. icing sugar
- 6 Tbs.pink lemonade concentrate, thawed (plus more if needed)
- Red food colouring
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the sugar, oil, eggs, pink lemonade concentrate and the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the flour mixture about ? at a time, as you mix in between.
- Mix in the buttermilk, but do not over mix.
- Add a drop or two of your food coloring until you get the color you are looking for. I wanted a really soft pink, so I only added 2 drops.
- Spoon the batter into paper baking cups in a cupcake pan about ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting with Pink Lemonade Buttercream Frosting.
For Pink Lemonade Buttercream Frosting:
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat for about 2-3 minutes until its fluffy and a pale yellow color.
- Add the icing sugar and the pink lemonade concentrate. Mix well. If it’s too thick, add a Tbs at a time of Pink Lemonade Concentrate until you get the desired spreading consistency.
- Add your food coloring – however much you need for your desired results.
- Spread the icing on the cupcakes when they are cool, or use a pastry bag and pipe the icing on.
- Enjoy! They are amazing!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest
Share this Recipe!