A super easy, incredibly delicious dinner idea, this Chicken Kiev with a Twist is sure to put a smile on every face.
Today is day 3 of the Blogging from A-Z Challenge in April. I tossed around a lot of ideas for the letter C, but decided to go with my tried and true favorite – Chicken.
I thought for a moment about doing a coconut chicken recipe, and then my kids reminded me that they love my Chicken Kiev with a Twist, so I went with that instead. I hope you enjoy today’s recipe.
Letter A: Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
Letter B: Bacon Popcorn
I do have to tell you, I found it funny as we sat down to eat this meal.
My observant daughter pointed out that everything but the green beans followed our Letter C theme – haha – Chicken Kiev, Corn and Crescent Rolls.
What’s just a tad odder than that, is that we made Caramel Coconut Cupcakes for dessert.
How did that even happen?
More Great Recipes
- Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- Bacon Popcorn
- Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- Basil Dip
- Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- Grilled Creamy Parmesan Tilapia
- Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- Italian Beef Risotto
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- Nutella Breakfast Muffins
Recipe for Chicken Kiev with a Twist
Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbs. minced chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¾ – 1 c. Panko
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ⅓ c. buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives and garlic. Shape it into a 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten each chicken breast to ¼-in. thickness using a meat tenderizer mallet or something similar.
- When the cream cheese mixture is solid again, cut the cream cheese into six equal sized pieces. I usually place the cream cheese mixture in a plastic butter container (but you could even use an ice cube tray) and then I just slice them like I would a pat of butter.
- Place one piece in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short sides over the cream cheese piece and then fold long sides over and secure with a toothpick or two (or three in some cases).
- In a shallow bowl, combine the panko, parsley and paprika.
- In another bowl, place the buttermilk.
- Begin by dipping each chicken “package” into the buttermilk and then coat it with the panko mixture.
- Once you have each chicken thoroughly coated, place them into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with the seam side of the chicken face down.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for about 35-40 minutes or until the middle is no longer pink.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.