This Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread is the perfect lunch. Warm, filling and oh so very flavorful.
Day 6 of the A-Z Blogging Challenge in April and I’m on the Letter F.
I have hopped all over the place with today’s recipe – in fact, I’ve made three things that were destined for today.
Each time I found something new I wanted to put here. I have settled on Flatbread as my letter F word.
Oh how I love brie cheese. I’m the only one in the house too. Because of this, I don’t buy it often, but when I do – you can bet I try to find fun and interesting ways to enjoy it.
I had flatbread sitting around one day and I decided that somehow I wanted to use it.
I did consider brie and bacon flatbread pizza, which could be done exactly the same way, without folding it.
Instead I wanted it as more of a sandwich. Kinda looks like a taco, actually. But shhh.
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Creamy Parmesan Tilapia
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins
Recipe for Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
Melted Brie & Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- 1 piece of flat bread
- 3-4 slices of brie cheese assuming you’ve bought a wedge of it
- 2-3 pieces of bacon crumbled
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- Seasonings or herbs if desired
- Butter for grilling
- Spread butter on one side of the flatbread and place it butter side down in a skillet over medium heat. Layer the slices of brie cheese on top, then the bacon. Sprinkle any herbs you’d like – I used a pinch of fresh Thyme.
- Allow the flatbread to grill until you start to get some color on the underside of the flatbread and the brie is starting to really melt. (It will continue to melt after its removed from the stove from the heat through the flatbread (especially if you fold it).
- Add the tomatoes just before serving. Delicious – flavorful and amazing melty goodness!