It’s day 10 of the Blogging from A-Z Challenge in April – And we’re on the Letter J. I decided on Jalapeno Poppers for today, because uhm, who doesn’t like Jalapeno Poppers? (if you don’t, shhh…. don’t tell me that – let me live in my happy little dream world, I like it here.)
I’ve made these several times and I got the recipe from someone at our old barn when my daughter was riding – I fell in love with them that day and then I read the recipe and yep – a total keeper.
These are so super easy to make and you could add as little or as much of the ingredients as you want which I love! And it’s ridiculous how fast these come together – they are the perfect appetizer or snack for a party and I was pleasantly surprised that my kids actually enjoy them too for a snack. Score for mom! Oh, and did I happen to mention, there’s bacon? But you can leave that out if you want, but who would want to leave bacon out? Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy them.
For the record, this picture is deceiving – my daughter doesn’t like loads of jalapeno and I took a picture of hers. We usually put QUITE a bit more jalapeno on them.
Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 can of Crescent Rolls
- 4 oz. pkg of cream cheese
- 6-8 jalapenos depending on how much jalapeno you want
- a half pkg of cooked bacon strips crumbled
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a backing sheet lightly with cooking spray.
Slice your jalapeno’s in half and clean out all the seeds. Then chop up the jalapeno into bite size pieces.
Roll out the can of crescent dough on a flat surface. Cut each triangle in half.
In the middle of each triangle, drop a tablespoon or more of cream cheese, a couple of bite sized pieces of jalapeno and a few bacon pieces.
Now wrap them up, make sure nothing is hanging out, you want them all closed up in there. I usually squeeze the sides all together to make a little puff (that kinda resembles an odd shaped hershey’s kiss. haha
Next put them on your prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Delicious!!
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins