A super easy, budget friendly weeknight dinner. Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp is made with frozen mini shrimp and is super simple!
We settled on making this delicious Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp, because I almost always have linguine on hand in my pantry.
I also happened to have an opened bag of frozen baby shrimp in the freezer.
We love pasta and this meal is hearty and delicious.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Ingredients for Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp:
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- add veggies
- change the shrimp to chicken or sausage or beef
- add different herbs instead of the pesto
- use different seasonings and spices
More Great Recipes
- Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- Bacon Popcorn
- Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- Basil Dip
- Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- Italian Beef Risotto
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- Lemon Linguine with Spring Vegetables
Recipe for Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
Creamy Pesto Linguini with Shrimp
- 1 16 oz pkg. of linguine pasta
- ½ cups onion chopped
- ¼ cups garlic minced
- ½ cups butter
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan or Romano cheese or use both!
- ¾ cups of pesto
- 1 lb.of cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 roma tomatos diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons flour
- a couple of splashes of olive oil for cooking
- Cook your pasta in a boiling pot of water for 8-10 minutes, drain.
- In a skillet on the stove, add a few splashes of olive oil and saute your onion over medium heat until it is translucent.
- Stir in your garlic and your butter, and saute it for about a minute or so.
- Get your measuring cup of milk and dissolve a couple of pinches of flour into it. Stir well. Add the salt and pepper to the milk and flour. Now pour the whole thing into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add your Parmesan or Romano Cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Next, stir in the pesto, tomatoes and shrimp. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Toss with your linguini and you’re good to go. Ready in minutes but tastes like it took hours.