Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
A super easy, budget friendly weeknight dinner. Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp is made with frozen mini shrimp and is super simple!
We settled on making this delicious Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp, because I almost always have linguine on hand in my pantry.
I also happened to have an opened bag of frozen baby shrimp in the freezer.
We love pasta and this meal is hearty and delicious.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Ingredients for Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp:
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- add veggies
- change the shrimp to chicken or sausage or beef
- add different herbs instead of the pesto
- use different seasonings and spices
More Great Recipes
- Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- Bacon Popcorn
- Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- Basil Dip
- Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- Italian Beef Risotto
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- Lemon Linguine with Spring Vegetables
Recipe for Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
Creamy Pesto Linguini with Shrimp
- 1 16 oz pkg. of linguine pasta
- ½ c. onion chopped
- ¼ c. garlic minced
- ½ c. butter
- 2 c. milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ c. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese or use both!
- ¾ c. of pesto
- 1 lb.of cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 roma tomatos diced
- 2-3 Tbs. flour
- a couple of splashes of olive oil for cooking
- Cook your pasta in a boiling pot of water for 8-10 minutes, drain.
- In a skillet on the stove, add a few splashes of olive oil and saute your onion over medium heat until it is translucent.
- Stir in your garlic and your butter, and saute it for about a minute or so.
- Get your measuring cup of milk and dissolve a couple of pinches of flour into it. Stir well. Add the salt and pepper to the milk and flour. Now pour the whole thing into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add your Parmesan or Romano Cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Next, stir in the pesto, tomatoes and shrimp. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Toss with your linguini and you’re good to go. Ready in minutes but tastes like it took hours.
One of my favorite combinations – pesto and shrimp. Yum!!!
Renee, such amazing flavor combination – plus two of my favorite things! 🙂 xoxo
Great post as usual. You’ll be my inspiration for cooking again.. I stopped when I started burning most things I tried to cook after a stressful time. I’m now ready to get cooking again.
Lynne thank you! I’m happy to be your inspiration – I believe in you. I once burned things all the time too. 😉
That looks so good! Your L post is making me hungry. 🙂 I can’t wait to try making this, though I’ll have to use chicken since my husband doesn’t eat shrimp. I’m sure it will still be wonderful.
My hubby isn’t a fan of shrimp either Danielle, but we make it anyway. I either make it when he’s not home, or I keep the shrimp separate until the end and then add it in after pulling a plain plate just for him. 😉 Though it tastes just as awesome with Chicken!
Hubbies don’t like shrimp, I’d divorce them. Luckily not much mine won’t eat. When we visit North Carolina for a summer vacation we bring back a load of shrimp with us, it tastes so much better than anything available where I live in Canada. This sounds like a good L choice Nicole. You could serve it before the London Broil LOL
lol Jo, love it! Your London Broil has me craving it now. Thank you so much for visiting me too. And yes, my hubby is anti- almost any seafood – crazy man. He’s a Montana Meat and Potatoes Country Boy. haha
A bit jealous of your NC trips bringing back fresh shrimp – there is simply nothing better!
Oh, yum! I don’t eat shrimp, but I bet it would be good without! 🙂
Hi I’m stoppin over from A to Z .Chicken Linguini , yummm. I don’t like shrimp .
Love Linguini & will be trying your pesto recipe as soon as I gather the ingredients. 🙂
Follow & A to Z Visit http://whenkateblogs.blogspot.com/
Oh yummmmmm. This looks divine!
And the site is looking fabulous!!!!
I’m game for anything pesto, and the addition of shrimp just makes it even better 🙂
Oh yum. Sounds delicious. I know, I know…I’ve used two words that are food blogger no no’s but I’m a rebel and doggone it, it is what it is.