A unique twist on hashbrowns for dinner, Kielbasa Sausage Hashbrown Casserole is a hearty and delicious weeknight (or any night) meal!
Take a traditional morning brunch casserole, give it a few secret ingredients and some sliced Kielbasa sausage and wow!!
Voila – you’ve got a great dish of Hashbrowns for dinner!
Introducing… Kielbasa Sausage Hashbrown Casserole!
An easy and unique twist with hashbrowns for dinner!
I was sent the new Hungry Jack Black Pepper & Onion Hashbrown Potatoes to try out.
I was pretty darn excited.
I knew this flavor would compliment a brunch dish I already make.
And I also knew how easily that brunch dish would convert to a dinner dish.
There’s something comforting, very filling about enjoying Hashbrowns for dinner.
In fact, the flavor that was infused into one of my favorite recipes, was incredible.
It’s not overly powerful, subtle yet definitely flavorful.
And don’t think Kielbasa Sausage is the only thing you can add.
We made another dish a few nights later with shrimp. Beef would be great, chicken yep! Ground pork or even sausage – yep!
Meat goes perfectly with Hashbrowns so there is no reason you can’t be enjoying them for dinner too!
My standard Hashbrown Casserole is the number one requested item at all of our holiday dinners with family.
Everyone loves it and I wait for the call before any holiday or event, with someone asking me to bring it again.
They all have the recipe, they all can make it, but I do have a few secret ingredients that make it better than a traditional hashbrown casserole.
It’s all about the Secret Ingredients!
Secret Ingredient #1 – Use only FRESH vegetables and herbs. No garlic, celery or onion powder in site.
Only fresh celery, chopped fresh onion and diced fresh garlic here.
We’ve added chopped bell pepper and mixed veggies too, and they all taste great!
Secret Ingredient #2 – Garlic Alfredo Sauce. Yes. I said alfredo sauce.
You can either whip up a batch from scratch, or you can just buy a jar of pasta sauce – we’ve one both.
Either way, you’ll get a rich, creamy casserole that tastes like no other hashbrown casserole you’ve had before.
Kielbasa Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
Another fantastic kielbasa recipe is this one for Queso Kielbasa Dogs. SO good!
Also, these Spicy BBQ Kielbasa Bites are a fantastic appetizer recipe! YUM!
Kielbasa Sausage Hashbrown Dinner Casserole
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa prepared as desired (we grilled ours), sliced
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce any flavor, prepared
- ¼ cup Onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup celery chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheese divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 4.2 oz packages of Hungry Jack Black Pepper & Onion Hashbrown Potatoes prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook Kielbasa Sausage according to package directions (as desired) – we grilled ours. Prepare Hungry Jack Black Pepper & Onion Hashbrown Potatoes as directed on package.
- In a large bowl, combine the prepared Hungry Hashbrown Potatoes, sliced & cooked Kielbasa Sausage, cream of potato soup, alfredo sauce, minced garlic, onion and celery. Mix together until blended.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese and ¾ cup of shredded cheese (we used mild cheddar) and toss until mixed in.
- Butter or grease a 9×13 glass baking dish. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered on center rack for 45 minutes. During last 15 minutes, sprinkle the remaining half cup of cheese across the top and return to oven. Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted.