I don’t say something is the best very often, because I firmly believe that anything can be made differently to make it the best and best is subjective of course. But these… these are The Best BBQ Burgers EVER!
Full of flavor, melt in your mouth, juicy and perfect.
I don’t even think I can begin to tell you how amazing these burgers are; how delicious and full of flavor they are.
I chose to use a burger press to get a uniform burger and I feel like that made a big difference in how they all cooked up too – so even and perfect.
So if you don’t have a burger press, you need one.
I used the one pictured below, but it is no longer available.
I have since received a different one so I go between the two when making burgers.
I feel like a burger press sorta lends to these burgers actually being the best BBQ Burgers EVER.
With the freezing temperatures and snow all over the ground, some might think we are crazy to be outside grilling.
BUT! we are still heading out often to grill up dinner frequently.
And tonight we are grilling up some burgers. Why not?
We have the best BBQ burgers recipe and a handful of tips to cook up ridiculously perfect and juicy burgers every time!
Plus, I find myself missing the grill during the winter.
I forget how cold it is, head outside to flip the burgers or brush them with sauce and come back inside where often the fireplace is burning and a blanket is waiting.
So who cares if it’s cold?
When you bite into one of these burgers you will understand just why I don’t care if it’s cold.
Juicy and delicious, filled with wonderful BBQ flavor and they are so simple to make.
Should I use a burger press?
I love using a burger press to form patties because they really do help the burgers cook perfectly and evenly every time.
In addition, you’re not pushing down on the meat squashing everything together by hand and I definitely find that leads to a juicer, more evenly cooked burger.
You can get a great burger without the press, for sure.
But can you get the Best BBQ Burgers EVER?
Honestly a burger press is not just good for burgers though; they are good for tuna, crab and salmon patties as well.
There are a lot of different things you can do with them.
The perfect shaped patty simply helps them cook up better and more evenly.
You will wind up with a flavorful, juicy gem every time. Just look how perfect those are!
I was able to adjust the press for a ¼″ to ½″ thick patties, which is nice depending on what I am making.
Plus, I love the idea of buying ground beef in bulk, and making up a big bunch of patties and then freezing them.
This makes it all the easier to do that and then much easier to store them in the freezer.
Ready to make some of your own?
This is as easy as a gourmet burger recipe can get.
Very little prep for a huge burst of flavor in every bite!
A couple of tips and tricks to make these BBQ Burgers (or any other burger recipe):
- Remove ground meat, or patties at least 15-20 minutes before ready to grill.
- Never press down on a burger with your spatula. It’s tempting, but don’t do it. It causes the good juices to squeeze out and causes your burger to be dry.
- Use a medium flame. It’s better to do them low and slow to retain the moisture and not dry out your burgers.
- Never overflip. You should only need to flip the burger once. A rule of thumb for medium heat and about ¼ lb. burger, is to cook the first side for about 4 minutes (look for light grill marks) before flipping (watch though because a thin burger would need to be flipped a little earlier). Once flipped the remaining side should need roughly that same amount of time – until the internal temperature is at least 135 degrees F.
Best BBQ Burgers EVER?
The Best BBQ Burgers EVER!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 eggs beaten
- 1 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well.
- Fire up the grill.
- Using the yumms! Premium Burger Press, form 4 perfectly shaped burgers patties.
- Grill the patties for 12-14 minutes turning once. Do not push down on burgers or you will wind up with a dryer burger.
- About a minute or two before you are finished cooking, brush the tops of the burgers with a little more barbecue sauce.
- Remove from grill and serve on buns with any toppings you desire!
More grilling recipes? Try these: