Curry Butter Popcorn
Sometimes popcorn needs a different flavor. Try this Curry Butter Popcorn for a pop of flavor with every piece. One of our favorite ways to enjoy popcorn!
It’s Movie Night! What kind of popcorn are we making tonight?
We love popcorn at our house. We want a recipe with flavor and pizzazz. This Curry Butter Popcorn hits the spot each and every time we whip up a batch.
We enjoy popping up some kernels and adding a little seasoning, a little spice. We have tried lots of combinations with popcorn, but I had never tried any type of Curry Popcorn.
I also wasn’t sure how much we’d like it.
Well, we did! We absolutely loved it. And it makes VERY frequent appearances at our house when we are craving some movie theater popcorn!
It looked incredibly delicious and the idea of Korean cooking intimidated me a bit simply because I had never done it before.
So Curry Popcorn it was. And I’m not at all sorry.
As I am updating this recipe 7+ years later, I’m SO happy we picked it. We’ve made it dozens upon dozens of times.
We decided to go with the Curry Movie Popcorn because as soon as we read it, we wanted to try it.
We didn’t even care what the recipe called for, we were just sure it was yummy.
I mean, we love popping fresh kernels and adding my our own ingredients to make it super yummy, so why not with some Curry powder. Yes, it was simply perfect.
Are you ready to make some Curry Butter Popcorn?
Have you ever made popcorn with a unique flavor or ingredient? Tell me about it in the comments below.
Curry Movie Popcorn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or more to taste
- ½ cup popping corn
- Pop your popcorn by whatever method you desire. We popped ours on the stove top, while others enjoy air popped popcorn.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and coconut oil over low heat. Can I just tell you, I've actually never been able to smell the coconut oil I use, but for some reason, this time I did. It smelled heavenly!!
- Add the curry powder, and stir well until smooth.
- Drizzle the curry-flavored oil while tossing the popcorn to evenly distribute the curry flavored butter. This was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. Just really stir it in. If you have a large bowl with a lid, you can shake it up in that. That worked best for us!
- If desired, sprinkle some salt, and toss the popcorn again. Serve immediately.
Thanks for trying out this recipe for yourself. I’m curious about what other recipes you tried.
Tammy I can’t wait to share! I loved your blog so much more than I thought I would – I am so intimidated by international cooking but seriously LOVED so many things! 🙂 I will be posting in the next two weeks… I think one is scheduled for tomorrow. Yum! 😉
I love both popcorn and curry…and have coconut oil in the house…I need to try this very soon. Looking forward to seeing the other three recipes you tried.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A’ SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites and my Group ‘D’ entry: Health(ier) Peanut Brittle
Cook Lisa Cook
This is awesome sounding popcorn!!!! Great job!!!
Mmmmm! I’ve never ever thought of using curry on popcorn! I will most definitely be trying this! My favourite popcorn flavours made at home are peanut butter popcorn and kettle corn. (both recipes are on my blog). Yum! Thanks for sharing this one!
I made sweet potato fries for the SRC this month. 🙂
I would have never thought to use curry as a seasoning on popcorn. Unique and interesting.
ooo I bet a teeny tiny bit of sugar to offset the spice of the curry powder would be fantastic too. I love popcorn.