Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid
Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid is the perfect addition to any table and looks so pretty.
It’s elegant, can be served at just about any brunch or lunch and is easier than you may think!
My family loves asparagus, it one of our favorite Spring time veggies.
We eat it year round, but there is no doubt they taste more flavorful and fresh come Spring each year.
Why We Love This Recipe
- It looks incredibly elegant and incredibly hard, but it’s actually NOT that hard.
- It’s perfect for just about any spring time event.
- It’s a combination of classic flavors that everyone enjoys.
- It makes a fantastic appetizer or addition to your brunch table.
Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Bread is so perfect sliced and served at a brunch or at an Easter meal.
It also make a GREAT appetizer and can be sliced and then cut in half, insert a toothpick and you have a cute VERY delicious appetizer to take with you to any event.
More Great Asparagus Recipes
- Asparagus Brie and Ham Crostini
- Creamy Baked Cheesy Asparagus
- Ham and Asparagus Roll Ups
- All the Asparagus Recipes
I told you it’s so easy, but looks so elegant. And cheesy. And flaky. And delicious.
Ingredients for Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Bread
- Refrigerated Danish Pastry Dough, if you don’t have any near you, use a sheet of crescent dough instead
- ham slices
- Dijon mustard
- swiss cheese slices
- egg white
How to Make Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid
Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid
- 1 pkg. Refrigerated Danish Pastry Dough if you don’t have any near you, use a sheet of crescent dough instead
- 8-12 ham slices
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-8 swiss cheese slices
- ½ lb. asparagus
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- sea salt optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll danish pastry dough out on a floured surface. Using a knife, cut 1/4-1/2″ tabs along both long sides. Be sure and check out this Apple Braid recipe for a great visual look at an easy method to make the cuts for the braid.
- Spread the Dijon Mustard in the center of the dough.
- Layer the ham slices up on top of the Dijon Mustard.
- Layer the Swiss Slices next.
- Braid the bread dough.
- Cut the asparagus to about 2″ including the head.
- Slide them in between the different braided spots like you see in the photo.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white and water together. Brush across the top of the bread. Sprinkle sea salt lightly over the top and on the asparagus, if desired.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
What a beautiful braid! This would ve perfect for our annual Easter open house!
It’s one of those things that’s simply a hit everywhere you go, I hope you have another instance to try it. 🙂 Thank you!
This is such a clever idea!!!
I love how simple it sounds, perfect for the end of a busy weekend!!!
It really is so simple, yet looks like it took so much work!
This is beautiful! What a lovely idea for a spring brunch or light lunch.
It’s so wonderfully flavorful while still being light and spring like. Love it! Thank you!
What a great photo! You had my attention right away. This looks delicious. I want to make it right away.
You should, you will love it!! Thank you so much!
What a beautiful and elegant Danish braid, this is perfect for entertaining. Gorgeous pics!
Thank you so much Cheri! 🙂
Gorgeous AND delicious! Perfect for Easter morning!!! I will have to see if I can find Danish pastry dough!
Thank you Liz! I used Wewalka Dough (www.wewalka.us – a quick location search and it looks like you’ll find certain products at Meijer and others at Walmart but the Danish dough isn’t there just yet (brand new) (refrigerated Dairy case near like the tubes of Cinnamon Rolls etc), I know it’s not available everywhere so if not, just use crescent sheets because they DO Work! (or if you can try it with Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough instead) Good luck!
This is absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to make this! I think it is perfect for spring!
Thank you! I hope you do, it’s my favorite Spring dish!
This looks so good – both pretty and easy, definitely one to try!
It really is delicious, and then something that makes your table look pretty! Enjoy!
This is absolutely stunning!!
Aw, thank you so much Connie! 🙂
Looks fantastic! Saved this for a try at Easter!
This is so lovely. Who wouldn’t be proud to have this on their Easter Brunch table.
Wow Nicole! What a beautiful presentation!
Thank you so much Cindy!! xoxo