It’s elegant, can be served at just about any brunch or lunch and is easier than you may think! Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid is the perfect addition to any table and looks so pretty.
My family loves asparagus, it one of our favorite Spring time veggies. We eat it year round, but there is no doubt they taste more flavorful and fresh come Spring each year. Several years ago, for an Easter event we attended, I made a couple of these Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid’s and I will admit I had no idea how well they’d turn out. They are so perfect sliced and served at a brunch or at an Easter meal. They also make a GREAT appetizer. They can be sliced and then cut in half, insert a toothpick and you have a cute VERY delicious appetizer to take with you to any event.
Today’s Sunday Supper is celebrating Spring time recipes, and there are so many wonderful things about Spring. The food of course is near and dear to my heart. But I love the blossoming flowers, the bees suckling nectar, the tree’s growing and turning green again. It’s a time for renewal
I told you it’s so easy, but looks so elegant.
Just check the directions for this Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid.
Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid #SundaySupper
- 1 pkg. Refrigerated Danish Pastry Dough (if you don't have any near you, use a sheet of crescent dough instead)
- 8-12 ham slices
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-8 swiss cheese slices
- 1/2 lb. asparagus
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll danish pastry dough out on a floured surface. Using a knife, cut ¼-1/2" tabs along both long sides. Be sure and check out this Apple Braid recipe for a great visual look at an easy method to make the cuts for the braid.
- Spread the Dijon Mustard in the center of the dough.
- Layer the ham slices up on top of the Dijon Mustard.
- Layer the Swiss Slices next.
- Braid the bread dough.
- Cut the asparagus to about 2" including the head.
- Slide them in between the different braided spots like you see in the photo.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white and water together. Brush across the top of the bread. Sprinkle sea salt lightly over the top and on the asparagus, if desired.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
Check out the rest of these awesome Easy Springtime Recipes!
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm