Such an easy breakfast or snack, melty chocolate hazelnut goodness sandwiched between flaky croissants and grilled to perfection. Only three ingredients, these Grilled Nutella Croissants will be a favorite go-to!
Why You’ll Love These Grilled Nutella Croissants
These Grilled Nutella Croissants are definitely not anything fancy, but they sure are incredibly delicious.
Buttery, flaky croissant smothered with Nutella. You’d never know they weren’t anything special when you taste them.
Add in Ideas and Substitutions
There are plenty of options for substitutions of all three ingredients in this recipe. Let’s talk about them.
Croissants – Instead of croissants, you can make these with crescent dough, breadstick dough, sandwich bread, hot dog or hamburger buns, artisan bread or buns, flour tortillas. I mean, really any type of bread will work perfectly fine!
Nutella – There is usually a generic version of Nutella available, and it will typically be labeled as chocolate hazelnut spread. There are other brands that make a chocolate hazelnut spread like Whole Foods and there is even a nut free version.
Butter – While we always use butter and haven’t tried other substitutes for this, you could use a cooking spray, coconut oil, margarine, shortening or vegetable or canola oil.
- sliced bananas
- sliced strawberries
- sliced raspberries
- peanut butter
- shredded coconut
- whipped cream (probably more for dessert or snack, and not breakfast – but absolutely NO judgement from me!)
- jelly, marmalade or jam (orange marmalade is amazing with this!)
- marshmallow fluff or marshmallow cream
- cinnamon sugar spread (this is our favorite)
- honey butter
- and a lot more!
What would you add to these?
This recipe is just the basic recipe, a jumping off point if you will. But I promise it’s amazing on it’s own so if you don’t want to change it, you definitely don’t have to!
BUT you can also add what you want. It’s ridiculously easy and fast and quite filling believe it or not. I am positive you will love it, if you love Nutella. DELICIOUS!
Are you ready to make Grilled Nutella Croissants?
I know I am!
Grilled Nutella Croissants
- 1 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella add more if desired
- 2 large Croissants sliced in half lengthwise
- Slice the croissants in half. Spread the butter all over the outside of the croissant. Place the inside of the croissant face down on a pan and grill until golden. Flip the bottom half of the croissants and spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of Nutella on each bottom half.
- Now flip the tops of the croissants over and place them on top of the Nutella. Grill the outside of the croissants until golden and remove from pan. Slice both croissants in half like a sandwich and share with a hungry family member. Serve hot.
More Suggested Nutella Recipes
Looking for some ways to use that creamy chocolate hazelnut spread you bought? Here are a few easy recipes you can make today!
If you love that these Grilled Nutella Croissants are only three ingredients, you might really like our very decadent Two-Ingredient Flourless Nutella Cake!
We also have this delicious Pumpkin Biscoff (or Nutella) Pound Cake that can be made with either of these delicious spreads.
And one last delicious Nutella recipe, my friend Heather has these incredible Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe you will simply adore!