Easy, delicious Avocado Brie Mushroom Omelette uses simple ingredients and makes an incredibly hearty, protein filled breakfast.
Today is O and I went with Omelette. This was SO good, in fact we got so lost in eating it, we accidentally overcooked this one, but it still tasted awesome! haha
At some point I need to redo this recipe and provide you with some better photos, but in the meantime, this thing was the bomb.
Tons of flavor and a super easy breakfast makes me start my morning in the best way.
Breakfast (the foods) is my favorite meal, but I don’t eat breakfast often enough.
I tend to stick with my coffee and sometimes a donut or danish.
But finding a healthy way and quick way to enjoy eggs for breakfast made me much more likely to cook breakfast more often.
Avocado Brie & Mushroom Omelette
- 2 large eggs preferably free-range or organic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons sliced sauteed mushrooms
- sliced up brie cheese
- chopped avocado
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat them well with a fork.
- Slice or chop your mushrooms and add to a small frying pan on a high heat with olive oil and butter.
- Fry them (stirring frequently) until golden. Turn your heat down to medium.
- Add your whisked eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- When the omelette starts to get firm, but still has some raw egg on the top of it, add the avocado and brie cheese. (I also added some leftover caramelized onions – in case you were wondering what that was in the photo)
- Use a spatula to ease around the edge of the omelette to keep it from sticking and then fold it gently in half.
- When it turns golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide your omelette onto your plate.