These Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes are the PERFECT weeknight meal. Toss everything in and leave it for 2 hours. Yes, it’s really that simple!
Then simply serve it up on a hot dog or hamburger bun, brioche or pretzel bun or whatever you choose! (see tips below for more ideas)
However, these Easy Crockpot Sloppy Joes are the perfect thing to throw together and have ready in a couple of hours.
This is a fix it and forget it meal if you’re into those types of meals!
They can be made on the stove top if you wish, but a couple of hours in the Crockpot and these Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe’s are ready to go.
Tips & Tricks
The trick to making these perfect is to only keep the mixture in the crockpot for NO longer than 3 hours but at least 2 hours. So that magic number is somewhere in between.
I usually get everything ready in the morning, and when the kids get home from school they dump the refrigerated container of ingredients into the crockpot and turn it on low until dinner.
Why you want to keep it at less than 3 hours, is really just to keep it from burning. So make sure you are putting this on a very low setting on your crockpot.
What to Serve this Sloppy Joe Recipe on:
- hamburger buns
- hot dog buns
- brioche buns
- pretzel buns
- flour tortillas
- taco shells
- thick cut bread and more…
We usually just get hot dog buns, but my son’s favorite way – on a flour tortilla with loads of shredded cheese is pretty awesome too!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
For more great recipe ideas, check out our recipe index!
Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh garlic minced
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10.5 ounces beef broth
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup bbq sauce
- Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
- Toppings: Fresh Sliced Onion Cheese, Tomatoes, Lettuce (optional)
- Dump all the ingredients into the crockpot and stir everything together.
- Using a large spoon, crumble and break up the hamburger meat into small chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours
- I stir the mixture every hour. Breaking up the ground beef a bit more each time.
- When ready to serve, spoon the meat on sandwich buns, top with some fresh combination of toppings and enjoy!