Rich, moist chocolate cupcakes with a sweet Irish Cream flavor topped with the most incredible, buttery Irish Cream Frosting. A decadent cupcake that’s a big hit at any event!
It’s NATIONAL Cupcake Lover’s Day! June 13 is the celebration of one of my favorite desserts!
I love cupcakes in a pretty wide variety of flavors, but I have to be honest, these Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting (whew! What a mouthful!) are the perfect cupcake to celebrate with.
These are incredibly decadent with rich chocolate flavor, creamy irish cream and a buttery frosting that is so delicious and pairs perfectly with these cupcakes.
I brought these to a BBQ last summer and they literally disappeared before most of the food was touched. While I didn’t expect that, I wasn’t surprised.
The flavors meld so incredibly together and you just have a rich, deep chocolate cupcake with a hint of Irish Cream flavor. Then you top that cupcake off with a silky smooth, irish cream flavored butter cream frosting. Perfection in a tiny wrapper.
When I made these, I almost always have enough batter to go past 1 dozen cupcakes. Usually I get about 3-4 extras but sometimes can stretch to 6.
It’s all really dependent on how you fill your cupcake liners. If you measure out each scoop perfectly, you will know each time how much you will end up with.
We double the recipe most of the time because they are a highly requested dessert item amongst our friends and family.
In celebration of today, a huge shout out goes to our sweet hostess, Valentina over at thebakingfairy.net. She put this little event together and it’s filled with SO much deliciousness!
Cupcakes for days!
Thank you for deciding cupcakes were worthy of celebration, because they totally are!
Cupcakes for Cupcake Lovers Day!
- Vegan Birthday Cake Oreo Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
- Avocado Cupcakes with Lime Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brown Cow Cupcakes by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Busy Bee Honey Vanilla Cupcakes by For The Love of Food
- Butter Pecan Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Cheesecake Cupcakes by Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes by That Recipe
- Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting by Cooking for my Soul
- Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cookies & Cream Cupcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Creamsicle Cupcakes by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffernutter Frosting by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Gluten Free Rocky Road Cupcakes by Frugal & Fit
- Honey Lemon Bee Cupcakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Lemon Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting by The Olive Blogger
- Lemon Lavender Blackberry Cupcakes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lost Princess Cupcakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Orange You Glad Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes by The Beard and The Baker
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes by Crumb Top Baking
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Bowl Me Over
- Pudding Pop Cupcakes by Nik Snacks
- Small Batch Birthday Cake Cupcakes by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting by Join Us, Pull Up a Chair
- Strawberry Basil Cupcakes with Chocolate Balsamic Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Cupcakes by Confessions of a Baking Queen
- Strawberry Jello Cupcakes by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Sweet Summertime Cupcakes by Cooking with Carlee
- Tres Leches Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Vanilla Bourbon Bacon Cupcakes by Our Good Life
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes by Simple Family Crazy Life
- Watermelon Themed Cake & Cupcakes by The Mandatory Mooch
- White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes by Triple Chocolate Kitchen
Are you ready to get baking?