There is nothing like an old fashioned banana cream pie. A great dessert for summer or any time!
It’s our final day of Farmer’s Market week and today I brought this Banana Cream Pie. Now, I live in St. Louis, so it’s not like I can get Banana’s at our farmer’s market.
The first place I was able to get my bananas at a Farmer’s Market was in Miami, Florida in 1993. I bought a ton of them. My grandma sent me her version of Banana Cream Pie, along with a few other fun banana recipes.
This pie has evolved over the years, and it’s one of our favorites.
We like to decorate the top of the pie with extra bananas but it’s totally not necessary. It’s up to you however , to make it the way you like it.
Another short cut trick if you want, but I never do it, is to use store-bought banana pudding but if you want a truly old fashioned pie, you will make it from scratch.
This is one of those pies that really for us, doesn’t last more than a day. We store it in the fridge.
But I believe it might be okay for a couple of days in there covered. Banana’s may brown slightly but could be removed from the top.
Friday Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
- Arrabiata with Zucchini Noodles by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Asian Cucumber Salad by Books n’ Cooks
- Black Forest Brownies by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Margarita by Family Around the Table
- Honey-Roasted Garlic Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
- Israeli Veggie Skewers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mom’s Southern Squash Casserole by Intelligent Domestications
- Old Fashioned Watermelon Pie by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Savory Moments
- Fun Orange Freakshake by The Freshman Cook
Let’s make an Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.