Learn how to make Air Fryer French Fries the easy way. Flavorful, delicious and crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. Pairs perfectly with a garlic Aioli dip or simple ketchup.
These french fries are incredible and so flavorful. We loved how crispy they got on the outside and how deliciously soft and perfect they were on the inside.
Why should I make French Fries in my Air Fryer?
There are a few simple reasons why making french fries in an air fryer is better than any other way.
- Less Mess – You get the amazing crisp outside with the incredible soft inside with a lot less mess than the traditional way. And clean up is a breeze!
- Delicious Flavor – I don’t know why the air fryer seems to keep flavors in tact, but man oh man, these are SO much better than my oven baked fries. I still love those too, but they are just more flavorful.
- Easy – Using an air fryer is so much easier to get the desired results. You just get a better finished product for not nearly as much work.
- Much Faster – Making French Fries in the air fryer is SO much faster than any other method. You get a much better end result product, for a lot less time than the oven.
What can I season my french fries with?
You can season them however you like. I will give you the recipe as we made it, but don’t be afraid to substitute what you like and flavors your family enjoys.
Here are some suggestions:
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Flavored or Infused Oils
- Jalapeno Juice (simply rub on the fries like you would oil – do not soak for longer than about 3-5 minutes and allow for an extra minute or two of air fryer time)
- paprika for a smoky flavor
- chili powder
- bacon grease (use in place of oil – simply rub on cook as directed)
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, pumpkin spice or another “sweet” spice and instead of potatoes, substitute sweet potatoes – cook times might need to be adjusted slightly – recipe coming soon)
What can I dip my Air Fryer French Fries in?
Have some fun with your dips. If you want regular ketchup, that’s fine. But these fries pair beautifully with dips and aioli’s which makes them a great choice anytime. Here are a few suggestions:
- Creamy Herb Pesto Dip
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Honey Orange Aioli
- Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- Fry Sauce
- Basil Dip
- Ranch Dressing
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Bang Bang sauce
- Roasted Garlic Bacon Dip
- Garlic Parmesan Herb Dip
Now that you’ve learned how to make air fryer french fries, how will you make yours?
With spices, sauces, herbs?
Will you leave them plain and enjoy them as is?