Need an easy side dish to feed a crowd at your next summer party? Flavorful Grilled Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini is the perfect side dish for you next Cookout, BBQ, Picnic or Backyard Pool Party.
It’s day four of Cookout Week and today I’ve brought these fantastic, flavorful Grilled Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini.
They are honestly one of my favorite sides to any event or get together because they are so easy and you can make a lot, very easily.
We prefer to grill our Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini right there on the grill, because it gets some great flavor and cooks with whatever your main dish is.
For these Grilled Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini, we created tin foil packets filled with the vegetables and then placed a tablespoon or two of this delicious Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil.
But you can just use regular butter with herbs and seasonings if that’s what you have.
We added a tiny bit of sea salt and cracked black pepper and put them right on the grill.
They were done in about 10 minutes and were SO good!
Honestly, an easy side dish, minimal clean up and extremely full of flavor, pairing well with almost any main course.
With Grilled Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini being a healthy side dish, we didn’t want to slather it in loads of butter (but we totally do occasionally!) so instead opted for the healthier option of using Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil.
It’s not super easy to find Barlean’s, so substitute with regular coconut oil or just regular butter instead.
No matter what you use to cook them in, they turn out delicious, buttery and perfectly grilled.
All About Cook Out Week!
Well, #CookoutWeek 2018 is in full swing!
For this entire week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes.
If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place!
Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!
Grilled Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini Recipe
Grilled Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 3 tablespoons Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fire up your grill.
- Lay out a large piece of several smaller sized pieces.
- Place vegetables in the middle of the tin foil pieces. If you’re using smaller pieces, divide evenly.
- Toss the sliced zucchini and Brussels Sprouts in the Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil.
- Toss in the minced garlic.
- Create a pouch with the tin foil. Place on grill while cooking any other items.
- Takes about 10-20 minutes for them to be finished. Take a pair of tongs and lift the packets and shake them gently a few times during the cooking process.
- Remove from grill, carefully open packets (steam will be hot so be very careful) and place on plates and serve!
If you want some more fabulous side dishes for BBQ’s or just because, visit our side dishes here.